College Bowl Pick'Em Final Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddpedlar

Iron Dramatist
I posted this on the end of another thread, but this deserves its own thread.

I have just calculated winners for all weeks where no winner was announced. Here they are:

Week Winner
1 Edward
2 Frosty
3 Green Baggins
4 Edward
5 Edward
6 Green Baggins
7 Sola Scriptura
8 Bill the Baptist
9 Sola Scriptura
10 Kainos01
11 Kainos01
12 Edward
13 Backwoods Presbyterian
14 Sola Scriptura
15 Backwoods Presbyterian

So the competitors in the final (for next year's league commissioner's hat) are:

Edward
Frosty
Green Baggins
Sola Scriptura
Bill the Baptist
Kainos01
Backwoods Presbyterian

Here are the rules that Edward proposed:

A shootout for whoever wants next year - and a disqualification of me.

It's a new game with the championship, so the meaningless bowls don't count. I did want to put up the semis, but....

SO

Winner take all:

Championship game winner

First tiebreaker - final score

Second tie breaker - halftime score

Third tiebreaker

North Dakota State vs. Illinois State*
NCAA DIVISION I FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

And here is Bill the Baptist's Entry:

Championship game winner- Oregon

First tiebreaker - final score- 52-34

Second tie breaker - halftime score - 24-14

Third tiebreaker

North Dakota State vs. Illinois State*

Thanks. As I noted on the other thread, I'm disqualifying myself. Don't want to risk winning again.

Championship game winner- Ohio State

First tiebreaker - final score- 44-41

Second tie breaker - halftime score - 21-17

Third tiebreaker

North Dakota State

No fair, Ben! I wanted to be the one to call Ohio State. Take it back!

Just kidding.

I'm still doing my prognosticating... but I think I foresee Ohio State winning, but Oregon up at Halftime.

Ok, ok...

I've decided that despite my desire for Ohio St. to win... I don't think it's going to happen. Oregon's offense is simply too high-scoring.

In the end, I think Oregon is going to win... So my proposed final score: 42-28

Halftime: Oregon up 28-10.

Finally, I believe N Dakota St. will prevail over Illinois St. Though from what I've read it should be a good game. There you have it... my prognostication. Only time will tell if I was endowed with insight... or if I was just drinking too much Hefeweizen! ;)

I'm still doing my prognosticating.

Remember the Championship game in suburban Dallas has a noon Saturday kickoff time.

If you tune in at noon on Saturday, you will be sorely disappointed since the game is not until Monday,

The ND St. game is on Sat... :)

Ah, I see. Not sure that I would refer to that game ad "the" championship game, but I digress.

Not sure that I would refer to that game ad "the" championship game, but I digress.

You have the football Championship Subdivision which ends in THE Division I football Championship game in Frisco, Texas on Saturday. FCS Championship Home | NCAA.com

Then you have the Football Bowl Subdivision which ends in an upstart playoff bowl in Arlington Texas. The teams for that one seem to have been selected by picking the best team, the one with the most FBS bowl appearances, the one with the most FBS bowl wins, and last year's winner, which all makes some sense, but wasn't the announced criteria.

Well, I got the score pretty close... just happened that I had the teams wrong.

I wanted OSU to win, but I didn't think they could do it. But Ben was the true believer. Congrats, Ben!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back