What happened to the College Pick'em Bowl Playoff???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolaScriptura

Puritanboard Brimstone
Hey! I feel robbed of my opportunity to put the smack down on my fellow PB College Pick'em players! Where is the Bowl championship playoff?

As a manager extraordinaire, I hereby nominate myself to manage this unimportant, but still highly entertaining task next year.

I was wondering the same thing. I know that sometimes one can fumble the ball because of a circumstance causes such, and overall in the end I would not have been part of the final Bowl championship playoff anyway because didn't you win every week this year? :)

BTW Alabama over OSU, FSU over Oregon, and FSU over Alabama in the NC.

I vote the Peach Bowl the best bowl EVER. And the Orange bowl a sad defeat....can you guess where I went to school?

I assumed the reason was because Edward was simply too busy or that circumstances would not allow it. Perhaps we should take Ben's suggestion and allow someone who has the time and the inclination to administer this rather than forcing it upon the lucky winner.

I vote the Peach Bowl the best bowl EVER. And the Orange bowl a sad defeat....can you guess where I went to school?

Interesting that the mighty SEC west is 2-3 so far in bowl contests, while the lowly SEC East is 2-0. Go Dawgs!

None of the SEC is what at the level that it has been in past years. I'm hoping that changes. Even when MSU was ranked #1, and at that point I do believe they were a good team....they, nor anyone else looked like a #1 from past years. As for the ACC, more power to them..they beat us. As for TCU...THANK YOU!!!

Lost internet for a crucial week. (Cheers to Verizon). I'll finalize things and get it up.

Lost internet for a crucial week. (Cheers to Verizon). I'll finalize things and get it up.

At this point I think it would be too late since a good portion of the bowl games have already been played. Obviously you were providentially prevented from being able to post it, so clearly God wants us to do something more productive with our time :p

Just came to post the same thing. Oh well, stuff happens.

Today may be the best day of CFB games, ever. Hopefully these last two are competitive and exciting as the earlier ones were.

I was going to hold off posting anything in regard to this, but I suspect, yes, that Edward had gotten too busy.

I would also be very happy to run the show next year, though, but if Ben feels the need to given his stellar performance this year, it's ok :)

Well, given that the Big Ten is pretty much cleaning up the bowl scene, it makes sense that either Todd or I, or another son of the mid-west, take it next year. :)

Seeing the Buckeyes roll the Tide was almost as gratifying as celebrating 18 years of marriage. Almost. ;)

A shootout for whoever wants next year - and a disqualification of me.

It's a new game with the championship, so the meaningless bowls don't count. I did want to put up the semis, but....

SO

Winner take all:

Championship game winner

First tiebreaker - final score

Second tie breaker - halftime score

Third tiebreaker

North Dakota State vs. Illinois State*
NCAA DIVISION I FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

Ok, I'm game.

Winner take all:

Championship game winner- Oregon

First tiebreaker - final score- 52-34

Second tie breaker - halftime score - 24-14

Third tiebreaker

North Dakota State vs. Illinois State*
NCAA DIVISION I FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP

One thing though - who competes in this? Do we have a final list of winners of the weekly contests?

Todd

One thing though - who competes in this? Do we have a final list of winners of the weekly contests?

Todd

I agree... where's the final list? I remember several weeks where a winner wasn't announced. But I don't want this "winner takes all" game to include people who never won at all.

I have just calculated winners for all weeks where no winner was announced. Here they are:

Week Winner
1 Edward
2 Frosty
3 Green Baggins
4 Edward
5 Edward
6 Green Baggins
7 Sola Scriptura
8 Bill the Baptist
9 Sola Scriptura
10 Kainos01
11 Kainos01
12 Edward
13 Backwoods Presbyterian
14 Sola Scriptura
15 Backwoods Presbyterian

So the competitors in the final (for next year's league commissioner's hat) are:

Edward
Frosty
Green Baggins
Sola Scriptura
Bill the Baptist
Kainos01
Backwoods Presbyterian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back