Ben 11
Spurge 11
Todd 11
Willis 10
Edm 10
Edward 9
Dan 7
GCP 7
@greenbaggins - Lane, just a minor point for review and possible correction: I show that Dan @DanSSwing sits at 8. I show he's correctly picked the following 7 games (then add the 1 bonus point): Ohio, Jacksonville St, UCLA, Western KY, UTSA, Duke, and S Alabama.

Last edited:
Just another update as of the 12/26 games...

Lane: 16
Ben: 14
Ed, Jake, and me: 13
Willis: 12
Edward: 11
Dan: 10
Mark: 9

Here's another update before we get a slew of games over the next couple days - a little shakeup at the top (but again all within the margin of error)

Ben: 17
EdM, Lane, and me: 16
Jake: 14
Edward, Willis: 13
Dan, Mark: 12

I'm playing it like the Dawgs - spotting everyone a lead and then closing the gap before notching a win. Unfortunately, I'm going up against Bama in this contest, not Vandy.

For those for whom the term isn't familiar (and I assume this is what Lane meant) the New Years Six are the traditional New Years Day games, which used to be the ones held on January 1: Rose, Orange, Sugar, Cotton, Peach, and Fiesta. So the Rose and Sugar are the 4 point games, and the others are 2 point games. First of the "NY6" is tomorrow, the Cotton Bowl, featuring Missouri and Ohio State.

For those for whom the term isn't familiar (and I assume this is what Lane meant) the New Years Six are the traditional New Years Day games, which used to be the ones held on January 1: Rose, Orange, Sugar, Cotton, Peach, and Fiesta. So the Rose and Sugar are the 4 point games, and the others are 2 point games. First of the "NY6" is tomorrow, the Cotton Bowl, featuring Missouri and Ohio State.
Thank you for the clarification!

History lessor for the young folk here. In the days before big TV money, the big 4 were the Rose, Cotton, Sugar and Orange. In those days, the Peach Bowl almost died out because they couldn't sell enough tickets. As I recall the local story, the wives of the Georgia Tech coaches were manning the phones trying to sell tickets to locals. Later on, when the Southwest Conference died, the Cotton bowl lost status and the Fiesta had the money to move into the big leagues. (Cotton made a comeback when it moved from the Cotton Bowl to Jerryworld. Sugar held on by moving from the now bulldozed Sugar Bowl to the Superdome. Peach upgraded to the enclosed stadium that preceeded the current domed stadium in Atlanta.

Rose was Big 10 v Pac 8; Orange was Big 8, Sugar was SEC, and Cotton was Southwest. ACC played basketball. Notre Dame took the best offer.

It sure takes the fun out of the bowl games when you realize how many star players from the competing teams declined to play because of Pro Football considerations.

It sure takes the fun out of the bowl games when you realize how many star players from the competing teams declined to play because of Pro Football considerations.
They ought to write into their scholarship contracts that they must play the Bowl Games unless they have a certified injury.

There are also tons of players not playing because they've put in for the transfer portal (most of those are players who won't see much time, but there are others who would be playing - and they too are gone. Texas A&M had something like 30 players previously on the roster who didn't play the other day.

They ought to write into their scholarship contracts that they must play the Bowl Games unless they have a certified injury.

I was just saying that the other day - that and their stupid NIL deals.

There are also tons of players not playing because they've put in for the transfer portal (most of those are players who won't see much time, but there are others who would be playing - and they too are gone. Texas A&M had something like 30 players previously on the roster who didn't play the other day.
That's another one. Open the transfer portal AFTER the Bowl games (at least for players who have started x number of games). Should have been obvious from the beginning.

I can't believe Ole Miss is still allowed to be called the Rebels... NOT that I object...

Last edited:
I can't believe Ole Miss is still allowed to be called the Rebels..
They were the Brown Bears for several years. That apparently wasn't working out for them with the alumni, nor the legislature.

Correction, the Black Bears. Joe Bear transferred to Lenoir Rhyne, a Lutheran university in North Carolina. They are now represented by the Landshark (anyone else remember Saturday Night Live from the 1970s?)

Last edited:
They were the Brown Bears for several years. That apparently wasn't working out for them with the alumni, nor the legislature.

Odd though how the Left doesn't then call for boycotting Mississippi like they did places like Georgia - or have they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back