What do PB members sound like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern Presbyterian

Puritan Board Doctor
Okay, in this thread I commented to joshua, after listening to his Sunday School lesson, that he didn't sound anything like what I had imagined. And he asked in his reply what I thought he sounded like. This got me to thinking [quite dangerous, I know :duh:], what do you think that PB members sound like?

[NOTE: this is intended in a spirit of fun and it is not my intent to offend.]

I'll go first, and since Joshua asked, I'll start with him. In my mind I imagined he would sound something like Frodo (Elijah Wood) except with a Southern accent.

And here are a couple of others - as I imagine them sounding:

etexas - sounds like Steve Martin
SimperFideles - sounds like Gerald McRaney from Major Dad
Calvibaptits - sounds like a cross between John Ritter and Don Knots
victorbravo - sounds like Jonathan Frakes, Will Riker from Star Trek The Next Generation
CarolinaCalvinist - sounds like Jonathan Taylor Thomas of Home Improvement

These are just a few. Anyone else brave enough to add their imaginings to the list? :D And remember, you can't actually have heard the person(s) speak. This must be what you imagine they sound like.

Let's have some fun with this.....okay?

I always wanted to sound like Patrick Stewart, but you're probably right that I'm more like Jonathan Frakes. I'm mostly a baritone with a Montana accent (which means no accent at all! ;)).

For some reason the voice I hear for you, James, is James Drury of "The Virginian."

I have been told I sound like Richie Cunningham. (Or was it that I looked like him?)

I already listened to Rich's teaching on Romans so I know what he sounds like.

I always imagined Paul Manata sounding like Joe Pesci. I don't know why. Does he have a NY accent?

JDLongmire obviously sounds like Pavarotti!

I sound like Country/Western singer Joe Nichols (my accent sounds like him; I cannot sing like him, since I can't sing. Period.)

I have a super manly voice.. like Bea Arthur.
ArthurBea.jpg

Nathan

Scareyist image ever posted on the PB.

It made my voice go all girly with fear.

But as I look at it she does sort of have a BAWBish style somehow.

I sound like Country/Western singer Joe Nichols (my accent sounds like him; I cannot sing like him, since I can't sing. Period.)

Bradford, because of the avatar you had once, I've always heard you as Trace Adkins. The power of suggestion and all...

That's not too far from the truth. I can sound like him. If I have just drunk coffee or some hot beverage, my voice gets richer.

JTT was on that show for quite a while, wasn't he? I hope you don't think I sound like the young pre-teen JTT!!

[NOTE: this is intended in a spirit of fun and it is not my intent to offend.]
Noted.
I'll go first, and since Joshua asked, I'll start with him. In my mind I imagined he would sound something like Frodo (Elijah Wood) except with a Southern accent.[/quoted]
OUCH! If anything, I'd prefer to sound like Samwise...but FRODO the Effeminate? OUCH!

I don't think Frodo sounds effeminate at all. Just soft-spoken, as I imagined you sounding. Though Sam would be a close second. And the more I think about it, I could also hear you as the guy who played Al on Home Improvement.

For some reason the voice I hear for you, James, is James Drury of "The Virginian."

Vic, I probably sound more like James Doohan, without the Scottish accent. :lol:

Actually, if you dare, I can actually be heard here.

Nice voice. I preached on that same passage last year.

I've been working my way through the entire book of Galatians over the last two years has I'm given opportunity to fill the pulpit when our Pastor is absent.

Being from New Jersey I speak English in melodic tones that bath the hearer in comforting peace.

Only a couple do I think I imagine in sound...

houseparent as Robert de Niro
victorbravo as Marlin Brando (but specifically in the Godfather)

Bob Vigneault has a voice 'like butta'.

I've heard it. I've been to the misty mountain top.

Out here in Mexifornia, I might be expected to sound like Cheech Marin (I actually was raised in the bario afterall). My wish would be to sound like Bob Dylan. However, reality is more like any other middle-aged balding white guy with no discernable accent, probably a cross between Fox News' Chris Wallace and Brit Hume. At least my voice doesn't sound like Bea Arthur or Hilliary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back