What Scripture was read at your wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romans922

Puritan Board Professor
What Scripture passage did you have read at your wedding?

Also, my wedding is coming up in June, and I get to at least suggest some type of order to the ceremony along, obviously, with the guidance of the pastor...so If you could pick any passage what would you pick to be read at your wedding (Especially something from the Old Testament and one that isn't typically read)?

Basically, can someone suggest a passage to be read at my wedding that isn't typically read at a wedding, yet should be read at weddings?

Wouldnt know, I was catholic and married in a Catholic church. I remember much tradition ritual though. :candle:

Thankfully now I am saved and part of the true church.;)

My wedding will be in June as well. I haven't decided what Scriptures will be read, but most likely not 1 Cor. 13. My best friend was married in January and I like his usage of 1 Peter 3:1-9.

That being said, there are a few cite that give several suggestions:

Site 1

Site 2

SIte 3

You get the idea. You can do a simple Google search and get the same results.

Good providence!

I don't remember what was read at my wedding, but Psalm 45 is a good choice.

Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?" Job 2:10:bigsmile:

[Edited on 3-5-2006 by Irishcat922]

Originally posted by blhowes
Eph 5:23-33

I think that one was read at almost every wedding i have attended.

Any reason you are looking for something novel?

Originally posted by Irishcat922
Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?" Job 2:10:bigsmile:

[Edited on 3-5-2006 by Irishcat922]

yikes!

:bigsmile::chained::candle:

Originally posted by Jeff_Bartel
My wedding will be in June as well. I haven't decided what Scriptures will be read, but most likely not 1 Cor. 13. My best friend was married in January and I like his usage of 1 Peter 3:1-9.

That being said, there are a few cite that give several suggestions:

Site 1

Site 2

SIte 3

You get the idea. You can do a simple Google search and get the same results.

Good providence!
1 Cor 13. Wow, what a great chapter for a wedding! I wonder if anybody has ever read that before at a wedding? :D

Seriously, both the PCA and OPC Books of Church Order have some good wedding ceremony forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back