The human brain and reading words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me Died Blue

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
This is from singer-songwriter Josh Zandman's MySpace blog:

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulacity uesdnatnrd waht I was rindeadg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid aoccdrnig to rescheearch at Cmabridgde uninervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lterter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

Secriar is the tcaf taht I was raenidg it fsaetr as I got to the end of the pgraaraph.

Originally posted by gwine
Secriar is the tcaf that I was raenidg it fsaetr as I got to the end of the pgraaraph.

Smae hree! :eek: And atullacy, yuor wrod "tcaf" is irunaaccte bcesuae the fsirt and lsat lretets cnoant be cngehad - but at lsaet you wree cosnisnett orwthiese!

[Edited on 12-4-2005 by Me Died Blue]

Originally posted by Me Died Blue
Originally posted by gwine
Secriar is the tcaf that I was raenidg it fsaetr as I got to the end of the pgraaraph.

Smae hree! :eek: And atullacy, yuor wrod "tcaf" is irunaaccte bcesuae the fsirt and lsat lretets cnoant be cngehad - but at lsaet you wree cosnisnett orwthiese!

[Edited on 12-4-2005 by Me Died Blue]

Rllaey? Opos. I manet "fcat". Srory.

Wow...this is pretty cool.

Get whit the pgorram.

[Edited on 12-4-2005 by gwine]

Lmst s ntrstng s th blty wth whch y cn rd whn thr r n vwls. Try t n yr frnds nd s whthr thy cn ndrstnd y.

One must know the primary true word before he can understand or acknowlegde what a mispelled or phonically mispelled word might be.

Primary sources are rudiment.

Sorry if I sound a bit touchy. I am trying to keep my boy's from poor English and MY BAD. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I get as an argument for poor grammer and communication.

Originally posted by puritancovenanter

Sorry if I sound a bit touchy. I am trying to keep my boy's from poor English and MY BAD. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I get as an argument for poor grammer and communication.

Do you also get after him for misspelling words like "grammar"?

:banana:

Originally posted by biblelighthouse
Originally posted by puritancovenanter

Sorry if I sound a bit touchy. I am trying to keep my boy's from poor English and MY BAD. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I get as an argument for poor grammar (fixed) and communication.

Do you also get after him for misspelling words like "grammar"?

:banana:
:lol:

Well of course. But he doesn't correct me. Well,.... not often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back