The Bible And Gun Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up a Berretta 3032 Tomcat (Stainless) yesterday at my favorite local gun shop. This is a nice little piece. It will be easier for me to conceal than my SA/XD 9 that I have been carrying.

If I ever do have to use a firearm for self defense, I think that it will be better for me (from a jury's perspective) that I am using something with stopping power and not just desroying power.

In my concealed weapons class (8 to 9 hours taught by Major Norman D. Belson ... This is the best class you can take in FL.) He teaches you that the 3 things you should say after you have shot somebody in self defence is ....

1. - I was in fear of my life
2. - I was only trying to stop them
3. - I want to speak with my attorney now

Then ... Stay quiet and quit talking.

What you decide to do in the 2 to 3 seconds it takes you to make up your mind and pull the trigger in self defence, you have to remember that a jury is going to determine your actions for who knows how long ... weeks or months. And you do not know what presuppositions every person in the jury is walking in with.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that in the eyes of the law it is better for you if you are seen as just trying to stop an attacker, rather than going for a death shot to kill the scumbag. But, I realize that every case is not the same. Sometimes it is necesarry to end a persons life in order to stop them. Unfortunately .... It is going to be the judge and jury that decides that outcome.

Just my :2cents:

Hey ANT! My pistol of choice is a SA XD-9 subcompact...it's a great pistol, but a little chunky for carry. I don't have a CCW permit yet, so it suits all my needs. When I get my permit, I'll probably look for something that doesn't print quite as much on my frame (5'10", 155lbs).

Any reason you chose the Tomcat over, say, a Keltec?

If you ever come up to Jackson, let me know - we'll head out to the range where I shoot.

Originally posted by mgeoffriau
Hey ANT! My pistol of choice is a SA XD-9 subcompact...it's a great pistol, but a little chunky for carry. I don't have a CCW permit yet, so it suits all my needs. When I get my permit, I'll probably look for something that doesn't print quite as much on my frame (5'10", 155lbs).

Any reason you chose the Tomcat over, say, a Keltec?

If you ever come up to Jackson, let me know - we'll head out to the range where I shoot.

Yeah, I really like my SA/XD 9 - Sub Compact! What a great gun! I love shooting it.

I just really like the TomCat. I have always heard that Keltec isn't a gun to buy if you want something to last a long time. At the local gun range, they told me that they are good for about 10,000 rounds and then start to wear out. They are great for self defense (personal protection.) Just not a gun that you want to use weekly to keep your skills up with at the range.

I'll look you up if I get up that way. :handshake:

Originally posted by smhbbag

if an armed criminal came in and wanted to exectue every single person in that class, he could accomplish his task quite easily. Why? Because everyone in there was unarmed.

But yet, if that criminal entered that classroom fully knowledgeable that every single one of his intended victims was armed to the teeth - would he still go through with his plan? Only the most deranged psycho would.

So you're saying that an armed criminal who walks into a classroom intending to execute every single student there isn't a deranged psycho?!

"Like the AR-15, the AK-47 that's available to civilians is NOT fully automatic, firing just one shot at a time."

You mean commonly available to civilians. In many states, civilians can buy fully automatic M-16s and other machine guns made before 1986. They cost about ten times as much as they should because there are so few available, and you have to buy a $200 tax stamp.

Partially correct. More importantly than the $200 tax itself, is the 3 month background check, fingerprinting, and photographing. Simply put, the cost in time and money is prohibitive for most people. Moreover, those who would intend to use such Class III items in a crime are not likely to bother obtaining them in a legal manner.

In the $3000-5000 range you can buy a Mac. For $5000-8000 you can buy an Uzi or maybe a Sterling. In the $10,000 range (and above) you can buy M-16's, MP-5's, Thompson's, etc.

In any case, the point is: these weapons are so cost prohibitive that at this point they are generally owned by gun enthusiasts, for the fun of owning unique pieces that are fun to shoot (often at "Full-Auto" get-togethers), not the average American looking for a way to protect his family.

Pacifism denies that the image of God still remains in man. That's my problem with it. I will not stand idly by and allow evil to bring destruction to my family and friends.

Originally posted by SRoperYou mean commonly available to civilians. In many states, civilians can buy fully automatic M-16s and other machine guns made before 1986. They cost about ten times as much as they should because there are so few available, and you have to buy a $200 tax stamp.

Just my 2 cents but I have got to go with Jacob and others on this I live about 50/50 in WI and AZ I plan on getting my CWP in AZ soon and will do the same in WI when they fix the laws. I use either a wheelchair or cane (about 85/15) gun could very well save my life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back