Reformers Bobbleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often find myself being one of those. Booble- and bobble- head both. But I'm already bought, so I'm not for sale.

You already have the links to the two bobbleheads I have on my desk. To my knowledge, only Calvin College has the Calvin one and only Old Lutheran.com has the Martin Luther. They also have a Katie.

:lol: I've got to have a one of those whether I get the complete works of Thomas Manton or not! :lol:

I found bobble heads for Pope Benedict XVI, Pope John Paul II, Billy Graham, the Virgin Mary, and (blasphemous!) "Jesus."

Anyone interested? :lol:

Fetch the claw hammer for some Iconoclasm.

How about a large industrial wood chipper?

industrial%20043.JPG

Sorry, I just had to change the thread title. It was making me laugh too much.

I appreciate that.

-----Added 1/21/2009 at 11:06:44 EST-----

I know that we all love St. Calvin, St. Luther, BUT didn't the church go down this road before?
I really hope you are joking. :confused:

If you are serious you better petition that we take off the all the pictures which people have in their avatars.

If money is no option, you can always get a custom bobblehead based on a photo. There are a lot of places on the internet that will do a head-to-toe custom job for $150-200.

Some might say that's a lot to spend on a bobblehead, but to each his own.

If money is no option, you can always get a custom bobblehead based on a photo. There are a lot of places on the internet that will do a head-to-toe custom job for $150-200.

Thanks for the idea but that is a lot of money. :eek:

Maybe if I win the lotto some day. :p

Wow, for that price you can even call it a Holy Relic ;)

I appreciate that.

I know that we all love St. Calvin, St. Luther, BUT didn't the church go down this road before?

If you are serious you better petition that we take off the all the pictures which people have in their avatars.

Yes, it was a joke. I was alluding to the RCC practice of saint worship.

Me wonderzzzz....what would Luther and Calvin think about people having little images of them on one's desks or shelves or where ever??? hmmm!?

Come to think of it, I will rid myself of my avatar...I just noticed a couple of posts as I first sent this...thanks for reminding me. I meant to do that last time I was on.

I appreciate that.

Yes, it was a joke. I was alluding to the RCC practice of saint worship.

good phew :cool:

good phew :cool:

Does your conscience feel pricked? :judge:

No. I'm a new reformed believer, and sometimes I have seen some legalism in some reformed christians something that is always in my mind. Although I understand the reasoning behind it, it has been a dissapointment.

I’m personally opposed to any attempt to portray God in art, and all pagan religious art, due to the entire Old Testament.

I think the procurement of bobble heads like all other ‘normal’ art is left up to the Biblically informed and prayerful discretion of the believer.

Does your conscience feel pricked? :judge:

No. I'm a new reformed believer, and sometimes I have seen some legalism in some reformed christians something that is always in my mind. Although I understand the reasoning behind it, it has been a dissapointment.

I’m personally opposed to any attempt to portray God in art, and all pagan religious art, due to the entire Old Testament.

I think the procurement of bobble heads like all other ‘normal’ art is left up to the Biblically informed and prayerful discretion of the believer.

I'm not a fan of religious art myself. But a bobblehead? C'mon. Even a bobble head of Jesus I could consider blasphamy but not one of Luther and Calvin. God is holy, I just want a bobblehead of the reformers because it's funny and it reminds me of the great works they have wrote through God's grace.

Well, knowing their wishes to not have marked graves for fear of being "sainted", and in a sense worshipped, I don't think they would care much for being "bobbleheads" either...but KUDOS for those who dreamed them up, they might actually profit a bit from them.

For those of us who already have bobble heads of several Refomers . . .

Martin Luther (http://www.oldlutheran.com/)
John Calvin (http://store.calvin.edu/shop)
C.H. Spurgeon (any of the Lifeway campus stores, Southern still has 8 in stock)

Announcement . . .
Sometime around the end of this month, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary will be selling (probably in brown paper bags) their newest bobble head of seminary president and "reigning intellectual of the evangelical movement" (according to Time Magazine), Dr. Albert Mohler!!!

That's it boys and girls on the PB. If you want your bobble head collection complete, you will want to contact the seminary bookstore (they told me that it should be in around the end of the month of April) for your very own bobbing Dr. Al.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back