Drawings of Famous Reformers (and a few other guys)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially when this is available for $15.
image.php

Ha! I wouldn't even give $20 for any of them! That's not art! :)

I would have to agree with you on that one. Why would anyone want a drawing of R. C. Sproul, Piper, or Packer on their wall anyways. Don't people realize dead people are cooler to display. I have a pic of Calvin on my fireplace mantle. I got it from reformationart.com.

Spurgeon looks like Mr. French from that old show Family Affair.

:lol:

-----Added 5/29/2009 at 09:03:48 EST-----

Ivan is just jealous that they didn't feature one of him.

Yeah, what's up with that? I gave him my photo, my phone number...what a phony! :p

-----Added 5/29/2009 at 09:10:03 EST-----

Ivan, Here is a nice print of Spurgeon. He also has one of Kiffen under England.

Charles Spurgeon - Ron Adair

http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/yhst-81483472662466_2054_49180380

William Kiffin 1

Thanks, Randy. Good stuff. There's a good one of D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones too. Very interesting.

Tertullian is perhaps a better analogy. I believe they are the only two Early Church Fathers who were not sainted by the RCC. That's pretty telling.

No Athanasius, no Irenaus, but they've got Origen. That's just rich.

Where is the Karl Barth art??? Grymir is dying to get a Karl Barth for his living room. Can he have one in a jumbo 4' x 8' size please.

BarthKarl-2.jpg

Just think of the inspiration Tim could draw from a 6' high crown-to-chin visage of ole Karl! Maybe he would give up his slavish devotion to the KJV. Either that or he would go running through the streets brandishing a butcher knife with a crazed look on his face and shouting something about the "totaliter aliter." :lol:

Last edited:
Where is the Karl Barth art??? Grymir is dying to get a Karl Barth for his living room. Can he have one in a jumbo 4' x 8' size please.

BarthKarl-2.jpg

Just think of the inspiration Tim could draw from a 6' high crown-to-chin visage of ole Karl! Maybe he would give up his slavish devotion to the KJV. Either that or he would go running through the streets brandishing a butcher knife with a crazed look on his face and shouting something about the "totaliter aliter." :lol:

I'd pay money! :p

I would not call it art either but I would take them if anybody offers and why drawings when you can get bubbleheads?

Nice glasses on Harry. A few decades out of style. JohnnieMac looks better than that.
john_macarthur.jpg

No response from Grymir yet to the suggestion about the Barth poster??? Hmmmm. Maybe he already ordered it?

No response from Grymir yet to the suggestion about the Barth poster??? Hmmmm. Maybe he already ordered it?

It's taken me awhile to pick myself off of the floor after seeing that picture. The picture was a little big on my monitor.

Plus, he looks sooo thoughtful in that picture. Like he's contemplating something deep. Like maybe I just told him his theological system has epistemological errors. And he gets that look and says no it doesn't. Then I ask "Do you know that by your relationship with me or by propositions?" Then he says "We have a relationship?" And I answer "Well, you know more about me than God."

Of course, with that big poster, maybe I could open a dialog with Barth. It could become an Icon in the Eastern Orthodox Church.

But then again, for $200 I'd draw a caricature of Barth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back