Hall of Contemporary Reformers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect them all and I have benefitted from the writings of most of them, but, of course, Al Mohler is my man. May God continue to use him in a ever-growing mighty way to reform the SBC!

Yes this an awsome list and also an extremely frustrating list. Because it has more books for me to read................:)

The artist is not very consistent with the caricatures; compare Ian Murray to John Piper.

What for order is this sorted?

(engineers are so picky when it comes to details)

Excuse me but where is Bruce Buchanan? Fred Greco? Matt McMahon? Bob Vigneault?!!

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!

Amen.

Brother Ivan, I'm beginning to see (early) signs of a shift in the wind here in the Bible belt.

Mike Corley - a radio guy in Vicksburg MS
Jeff Noblitt - a pastor in Muscle Shoals AL
Paul Washer - a former missionary/preacher, also in AL

People don't scream at me so loudly when I mention election anymore. Last week at a funeral I ran into a friend from high school, and he's a 5-pointer who has convinced his own pastor of the DoG. Last night I sat down with a young man from my old church who was saved maybe 6 months ago. He has grown to be obbsessed with his Bible. God is working in him in a powerful way. My own pastor preached the best sermon last week that I've ever heard him preach.

It's a good time to be Baptist. :)

My own pastor preached the best sermon last week that I've ever heard him preach.

Not to sidetrack this thread, but I am curious as to what made this sermon the best sermon that you ever heard him preach?

Was it that you understood it? Was it because he preached on a topic you have yet to hear preached? Was it because it was focused on an area that you are struggling with? Was it because it was political?

Just curious, what would he have to do to top that one? I am not being flippant or sarcastic, I am seriously curious as to what this guy did that was exceptionally right this past Lord’s Day.

Not to sidetrack this thread, but I am curious as to what made this sermon the best sermon that you ever heard him preach?

Was it that you understood it? Was it because he preached on a topic you have yet to hear preached? Was it because it was focused on an area that you are struggling with? Was it because it was political?

Just curious, what would he have to do to top that one? I am not being flippant or sarcastic, I am seriously curious as to what this guy did that was exceptionally right this past Lord’s Day.

He peeled off a couple of layers of sugarcoating. Namely, he spoke of false converts in the church, the differences between true and false conversion - which is the 800 lb gorilla that most SBC pastors don't want to touch.

I suppose you'd have to be part of the SBC to understand the magnitude of the problem, or the joy in hearing certain truths mentioned in the pulpit.

He peeled off a couple of layers of sugarcoating. Namely, he spoke of false converts in the church, the differences between true and false conversion - which is the 800 lb gorilla that most SBC pastors don't want to touch.

I suppose you'd have to be part of the SBC to understand the magnitude of the problem, or the joy in hearing certain truths mentioned in the pulpit.

Ok, I appreciate it. :handshake:

This gives me some things to ponder...

Amen.

Brother Ivan, I'm beginning to see (early) signs of a shift in the wind here in the Bible belt.

Mike Corley - a radio guy in Vicksburg MS
Jeff Noblitt - a pastor in Muscle Shoals AL
Paul Washer - a former missionary/preacher, also in AL

People don't scream at me so loudly when I mention election anymore. Last week at a funeral I ran into a friend from high school, and he's a 5-pointer who has convinced his own pastor of the DoG. Last night I sat down with a young man from my old church who was saved maybe 6 months ago. He has grown to be obbsessed with his Bible. God is working in him in a powerful way. My own pastor preached the best sermon last week that I've ever heard him preach.

It's a good time to be Baptist. :)

Good to hear! Things are developing here too. Jeremiah, my right-hand man at the church is clearly a 5 pointer. Another gentlemen, who is a "pillar" of the church, openly agrees with me on the subject of election.

I must say that God has fully and completely surprised us at Maranatha. We have went from five to twenty-five in attendance in the short time that I've been here. God has sent those who have helped us and those we have helped.

I don't know what God has in mind for this church in the coming months and years, but the LORD willing I will be here the rest of my minstry.

Forget what I said about Bob Vigneault then. I know why he's not on the list.

This is me in the light before my hair went white. Can I get back on the list Rich, please?

ugly_man.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back