Change in my eschatological position

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too am on the fence in my eschatology. I was saved into a dispensational environment, (Pre-trib Premill by default) many years ago. However, reading Hodge, Warfield, and other Reformed material eventually delivered me from dispie theology. :book2: But I then settled for the historic Premill position of George Eldon Ladd. In recent years, I had become somewhat sympathetic to the Amill position through reading Hoekema's The Bible and the Future and subsequently termed myself a Pan-mill, i.e. it will all pan out in the end (yes, I know that's a cop-out). :rolleyes:

I am about through reading Sam Waldron's The End Times Made Simple. I need it explained as simple as I can get it. :lol: He makes some very profound points in my opinion. Consequently, I find myself about to jump off the fence into the Amill camp. :eek:

I'm too old to be making fundamental changes in my theology. The PB is not helping me stay comfortably situated. :candle:

The current threads on the premillennial position have nothing to do with my eschatological position but I thought it a good time to share my change of conviction nonetheless. As a former dispensationalist I held on to my premillennial viewpoint with a death grip. Unfortunately I can no longer hold on to the remnants of things I no longer believe. The weight of scripture and the arguments I have heard in support of other eschatological positions has caused me to change. I find myself leaning heavily towards the amillennial position. But instead of a death grip, I'm holding on to it comfortably.

That's all. Continue on with your normal PBing.

Watch out, in no time at all you'll start being accused of being a pessimist, and having no hope to your eschatology. But take heart brother, we must endure these trials until the end!

I have a glorious hope! The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ!

Many years ago, there were once three men in a room, two of them cousins, one a good friend. One said, "I am a dispensational premillennialist." His cousin said, "I am a historic postmillennialist." The friend said, "I am amillennial." Today, all three are historic postmillennialists.

I was the first guy. :pilgrim:

The current threads on the premillennial position have nothing to do with my eschatological position but I thought it a good time to share my change of conviction nonetheless. As a former dispensationalist I held on to my premillennial viewpoint with a death grip. Unfortunately I can no longer hold on to the remnants of things I no longer believe. The weight of scripture and the arguments I have heard in support of other eschatological positions has caused me to change. I find myself leaning heavily towards the amillennial position. But instead of a death grip, I'm holding on to it comfortably.

That's all. Continue on with your normal PBing.

Watch out, in no time at all you'll start being accused of being a pessimist, and having no hope to your eschatology. But take heart brother, we must endure these trials until the end!

I have a glorious hope! The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ!
Quite true brother!

I'm too old to be making fundamental changes in my theology. The PB is not helping me stay comfortably situated. :candle:

AMEN! The PB is, as they say, the devil. In one short year I've lost my tried-and-true old eschatology (historic premil) and am too old and senile to know where to find it. I must have lost it somewhere, isn't that what the alpha privative "a" in "amillennial" means? By this time in life, one might expect the details of one's theology to be comfortable like a favorite barcalouncher, rather than unsettled like a presidential election four weeks out. Brother, I agree with your distress! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomarus
I'm too old to be making fundamental changes in my theology. The PB is not helping me stay comfortably situated.

AMEN! The PB is, as they say, the devil. In one short year I've lost my tried-and-true old eschatology (historic premil) and am too old and senile to know where to find it.

This is what I like about Puritan Board.

It is a place where people can grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord through reformed theology- at any age, any stage. It is proof positive that God is working in our midst. Glory be to God for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back