You may disagree but I call this a happy gun story

Status
Not open for further replies.
The right to self defense! It ended the way it should have In my humble opinion. Seems like it was a case of kill or be killed, and who knows what the men would have done had she not been armed and skilled with the weapon.

She'll probably get life in prison. The mexican government will protest and Bush will hand her over for prosecution to the US attorney.

I can't wait to hear some media hack complain about how undeserving those "poor immigrants" were to meet the "tragic end" they did, how terrible our society is that those "immigrant men" were forced to steal, and how terrible it was that that little girl was left in the home with a nasty gun.

Sad thing is, the little girl will be scarred for the rest of her life probably. A similar thing happened in Oklahoma a few years ago where a boy of the same age bracket killed to intruders with his .22 rifle. He was messed up for a long time over it.

In reading further into the post there are some responses to it that make me believe that the story may be an urban legend. However, I'll have to research to see if any news media has posted the story.

This should make for good discussion...

Totally justified in the first shot. Dude was up the stairs, she was trapped and completely within self defense. In order to not break the commandment that says we shouldn't kill, we have to find a justification to kill. Just War, Capital Punishment, and Self Defense when one's life is in danger would sum it up. If the second guy was running away and was at the bottom of the stairs on his way out, does the justification for the shooting in the back now go away? Has not the jurisdiction now shifted to the civil magistrate? In a mere theft we are to give in unless our life is threatened.

Thoughts?

Sad thing is, the little girl will be scarred for the rest of her life probably. A similar thing happened in Oklahoma a few years ago where a boy of the same age bracket killed to intruders with his .22 rifle. He was messed up for a long time over it.

And this, again, is the media's fault, isn't it? There are not enough people to tell them that what they did was right and to commend them for bravery.

This should make for good discussion...

Totally justified in the first shot. Dude was up the stairs, she was trapped and completely within self defense. In order to not break the commandment that says we shouldn't kill, we have to find a justification to kill. Just War, Capital Punishment, and Self Defense when one's life is in danger would sum it up. If the second guy was running away and was at the bottom of the stairs on his way out, does the justification for the shooting in the back now go away? Has not the jurisdiction now shifted to the civil magistrate? In a mere theft we are to give in unless our life is threatened.

Thoughts?

Was the second guy running away from the girl or running to the stairs (which is the phrase used in the article)? It seemed to me that the other man was checking things out downstairs while the first went upstairs. Upon hearing the gunshot, the second wanted to go upstairs and find out what happened but was shot at the foot of the stairs.

I'm still searching. So far I've found nothing corroborating the story as fact.

Frustrating really.:banghead:

You know...this may be a hoax. If so I really apologize. I read it on Digg and thought boy that turned out way better than it could have. But I am not finding any original story. Lots of references to it in blogs. I never thought to check it. A really foolish thing on my part in these days and times.

I still think the racking of a shotgun is a wonderful thing and a nice one last warning.

I still think the racking of a shotgun is a wonderful thing and a nice one last warning.

'Warnings' are a great way to get killed. When it's time to shoot, it's time to shoot.

The rule of thumb is that is an intruder is within 21 feet of you, he can probably reach you (with a knife, bat, or whatever) before you can draw and fire upon him. That doesn't leave much time for racking slides.

(BTW, you can simulate the 21-foot theory in your own home with a friend - just don't use real knives or real guns. ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back