X-Rays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might feel a bit uncomfortable, but that pain would be less than imagining myself blown to smithereens by a suicide bomber.

I agree that special measures may be warranted when getting on an airplane to protect the safety of passengers. The example of El Al airlines is instructive. They have never been hijacked and they use all sorts of methods and approaches which seem highly intrusive.

However, the thought of a sodomite X-ray screener getting a close look under my clothes gives me the willies.

The balance between safety and privacy is also balance between Orwellian government and freedom.

I am completely fine with it. Yes, it is a bit intrusive and maybe a bit humiliating. But I feel that drastic times call for it. I don't think that this is crossing the line, per se, as of yet.

I don't see what's so embarrasing about it. It's not like the x-rays can make out our private parts. At best you see some bones and tissue outlines. But I do echo the thoughts of teh civil liberty guys. Unless the current system isn't doing the job I don't think it's necessary to go to x-rays. It's pretty expensive and then you have the radiation exposure risk for those who get scanned frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back