1 Down, X to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenChosen

Puritan Board Freshman
Well, I finished my first year in college. It's been a ride, and praise God that he's been taking care of me because if there's one thing I've learned from college it's that I'm way too much of a blockhead to survive by myself!

I suppose this topic has a few reasons;

1) To ask the PuritanBoard Powers That Be if they would consider having some sort of College discussion board for college students to discuss issues relevant to us without polluting the General Discussion board. However, I don't think it would be good to just section it off for college students alone. I, for one, would like to see those that have gone through it pass down some advice! I have discussed this with other college students on the board (Me Died Blue and Rembrandt) and they seem enthusiastic about it as well.

2) For the said college students to discuss what our year's end has left us with in absence of a board,

3) To give more glory to God!

Sometimes it felt like a run, sometimes barely a crawl, but God kept feeding me for whatever zany purpose he has for me. Praise God!

Thank God also for introducing me to a professor who is a firm believer in Christ. My sociology professor openly admitted his faith on the first day and made very Christian statements during the semester! All this a public university! I had the chance to spend some time in his office, at the end of which, we prayed for each other. It was neat to see God taking care of me at this fairly liberal school.

But my rank on the board lies, I'll be a sophomore next year.

Anyways, enough enthusiasm for now. Time to get some rest. Or unpack. Packing up a dorm room, *shudder*.

Congrats!

Our daughter just finished her junior year (English Communications) and I helped pack her dorm room for the third time! (I understand that shudder!)

We moved her into an appartment for her final year. No more moving for a while now!

I sure wish she would find a wonderful Christian guy to date (and maybe more of the Lord wills). I thank God she is picky though so I don't have to worry too much!

Again, congrats!:banana:

[quote:ead6ffd839][i:ead6ffd839]Originally posted by joshua[/i:ead6ffd839]
[quote:ead6ffd839][i:ead6ffd839]Originally posted by FrozenChosen[/i:ead6ffd839]
1) To ask the PuritanBoard Powers That Be if they would consider having some sort of College discussion board for college students to discuss issues relevant to us without polluting the General Discussion board. [/quote:ead6ffd839]

Daniel,
I think I speak on behalf of the Admins when I say it's highly doubtful we'll be adding any new forums for now. We have forums already that are lacking in participation. Feel free to Post college threads in the General Forum and label their subjects with "college" in it. You're [b:ead6ffd839][i:ead6ffd839][u:ead6ffd839]not[/b:ead6ffd839][/i:ead6ffd839][/u:ead6ffd839], in any way, polluting or taking up space in the "General Discussions" forum. That's what it's there for. To be able to post whatever doesn't have a forum of its own. [/quote:ead6ffd839]

Ok thanks amigo. I just didn't want to annoy anyone with frivilous college action. Or make anyone feel old (muahaha).

In honor of the older days, I'm going to buy some plaid pants and have "Plaid Pants Friday" next year. Why? Old people rock, that's why.

It feels good to have that first year under your belt, doesn't it!! Congratulations!! :yes::yes::yes:

Rembrandt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back