Why are there no traditional Reformed colleges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way if you are into John Robbins, please do more research and run away fast. He is a crusader who seems to think he alone has doctrinal purity, and has said some nasty things about a long list of theologians like Van Til, Frame, Gaffin If I recall correctly, and many more. It isn't just the intellectual critique, it is the attitude that permeates his work. You don't want to end up an arrogant snob.

I second this.

As a woman who reads theology and talks about it ALL THE TIME with my husband of 37 years ( WTS grad), if you ever want to get married then realize you just might find her at the co-ed Reformed colleges you are looking down on. God wants women to learn to think and study sound doctrine too.

This is actually the reason why reformed schools like Covenant were founded as co-ed. The faculty and administration at these places are very keen on promoting good and healthy marriages.

By the way if you are into John Robbins, please do more research and run away fast. He is a crusader who seems to think he alone has doctrinal purity, and has said some nasty things about a long list of theologians like Van Til, Frame, Gaffin If I recall correctly, and many more. It isn't just the intellectual critique, it is the attitude that permeates his work. You don't want to end up an arrogant snob.

I second this.
And I third this.

I think that you need to make sure you have a church to go to where you can fellowship wholeheartedly. Four years without a good church is a bad choice. List places with your chosen major, and then look at local church options. All the rest is secondary.

I forth this :)

I have been reading your posts on PB and am very encouraged that you are seeking for a Minister or Mentor to help guide you. (This was posted on wadling pool) Part of the Confessional Reformed experience and indeed our Christian walk is humble submission to those who God in his wisdom has placed above us for our guidance.

You have shown wisdom in joining this board and it is great that you are taking steps towards eventual church membership. I can't reccomend a college but it is encouraging to read your progress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back