Who will reign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
I've been talking with a lady who is a modalist and she asked me today who will reign in heaven? Who will we see in heaven? She has recently left her modalist church and has been asking me a lot of good quesitons.

My first responses tend to be too long and too detailed so I'm hoping someone can help me keep it simple.

Thanks.
j

We will behold Jesus as He is: He is the Word, the Image, the Revelation of the Father, so if we see Him, we have seen the Father.

I've been talking with a lady who is a modalist and she asked me today who will reign in heaven? Who will we see in heaven? She has recently left her modalist church and has been asking me a lot of good quesitons.

My first responses tend to be too long and too detailed so I'm hoping someone can help me keep it simple.

Thanks.
j

12Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

I think she's asking, "if we die and go to heaven will we see the Trinity?"

As a modalist she believes God is one person who manifests himself in three different "modes" at various times. To her, she will see the one person, God, in heaven.

She is apparently asking if we trinitarians expect to see three different persons in heaven?

I don't think I've ever given the question much thought. Leave it to JM to stimulate my thinking. :think:

I think if we do see God we see Jesus Christ who is the image of the invisible God as Iconoclast pointed out(Col. 1:12-18). In the Old Testament Moses spoke with God face to face (Exodus 33:11, Deut. 34:10) but when God in His one being passed by Moses (Exodus 33:20-23) he was not allowed to see His face. Would God passing by be the Holy Trinity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back