Where are the Protest-ants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin

Puritan Board Junior
Since JPII died, watching all the media coverage; talking to relations; friends; Evangelical commentary....I think I've noticed something.....

Where are all the P R O T E S T A N T S?!

I don't think it's wrong to honor the Pope as a man -- now passed-on. I mean, it's right and good to respect the passing of a human life, bearing the imago Dei---even if he was an anti-Christ. We ought to be polite and sincere---even to our enemies.

Rather, what I'm not seeing...and hope we will see, is commentary on the still-standing battle of the Council of Trent.

Matt---I vote that you've got to do another article about what it means to be a Protestant!

That knowledge is all but lost in 21st Century American Christianity.

God help us!

Robin

its funny how those who are suppossed to "represent" us in the media, church, and government as protestant leadership did nothing to voice the protestant position against the Pope aka anti-Christ.

blade

I actually think quite a few have written articles and deliverd sermons on this. There seem to be a few sermons on Sermon audio as well stating the Protestant view.

The reality I think is that the secular media would never give us the time of day. Christ warned us we would not be popular in the world and the worlds is ruled by this liberal view of acceptance.

The secular media would be terrified of the negative publicity as a result of such an article.

:2cents:

One thing is for certain. If a reformed person spoke out about the truth of the Pope and Trent during a time such as this we'd finally see a clear demarcation, I think, between a "conservative" Christian and a reformed Christian (the more truly conservative doctrinally speaking and not politically). That alone would be refreshing.

l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back