When to Forgive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformingstudent

Puritan Board Junior
When someone offends a Christian and later repents and ask for forgiveness, how long should it take the offended party to forgive?
Was recently in another forum where someone came in and offended those who were big supporters of JPll. He later came back to ask forgiveness of those he had hurt by his attitude and actions but so far no one has said anything to him. Of course they accused him all manner of wickedness and hate crimes for not showing support for the Pope and those who grief for him. What I don't get is that this forum is
suppose to be a Christian forum for those who believe in "grace". I am finding out though that what they say and do are 2 different things. They show grace and forgiveness only to those they deem are worthy.

Mat 6:15 but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Mat 18:21 Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?"
Mat 18:22 Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.

[Edited on 4-10-2005 by Scott Bushey]

Ditto.

It can be hard, but . . .

Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, "I repent,' you shall forgive him.
-Luke 17:3-4

[Edited on 4-11-2005 by Puddleglum]

Originally posted by Keylife_fan
When someone offends a Christian and later repents and ask for forgiveness, how long should it take the offended party to forgive?
Was recently in another forum where someone came in and offended those who were big supporters of JPll. He later came back to ask forgiveness of those he had hurt by his attitude and actions but so far no one has said anything to him. Of course they accused him all manner of wickedness and hate crimes for not showing support for the Pope and those who grief for him. What I don't get is that this forum is
suppose to be a Christian forum for those who believe in "grace". I am finding out though that what they say and do are 2 different things. They show grace and forgiveness only to those they deem are worthy.

Sometimes we forget there is such a thing as "false humility."

The piety of those idolizing the Pope plays-out in false humility -- indeed, many are false brethren. For any professing Christian to revere a man (like the Pope) something deeply "anti-Christian" is in the heart....no matter what they claim.

:chained:

Robin

What you have are PROfessors, NOT CONfessors of Christ. Christ said "they shall know you by your love for one another." If we can't love one another, than we can not love Christ, He said that! I'm not saying that all of them are not Christians, if any are they are not acting like Christians.

You can not change others, but you can enourage them!

Something I've been pondering this last few days... "Examine YOUR heart." While the world is watching, we need to be exemplifying Christ, not merely claiming him. When we hear the commandment "do not take the name of the Lord your God in vain" we generally think cursing.. but taking His precious name in vain means MUCH more! It means taking His name upon ourselves while living in the World, ie, as the world lives, not sanctifying ourselves or abiding in Christ.

DON'T take me wrong, I'm NOT saying salvation is by works, we don't do to become Christians, we do because we ARE Christians..... As an Accountant I do not do the work of a factory worker... so to Christians ought to live a Christian life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back