What fiction are you reading in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been picking up, and putting down, Tolstoy's "War & Peace" for 35 years. I am determined to lay my ears back and actually finish it as my first fiction this year.
Heh. It took me ten years to finally get through it. I was the better for it, what with some added seasoning to my life's experiences.

I am glad to know there may be hope for me! A couple times I have threatened to just go get the Ciff Notes! :D

I have been picking up, and putting down, Tolstoy's "War & Peace" for 35 years. I am determined to lay my ears back and actually finish it as my first fiction this year.
Heh. It took me ten years to finally get through it. I was the better for it, what with some added seasoning to my life's experiences.

The one person I know that got through "War and Peace" filled a loose leaf notebook to keep track of the characters and events as his first attempt at reading the novel failed when he got lost half way through.

I took a week and did nothing but eat, sleep, and read War and Peace. It was a full time job with some overtime, but sadly I wasn't paid for it.

"Curious George", "Clifford the Big Red Dog", "Pete the Cat" and whatever other "classics" my DW and DD check out. :)

The Idiot, and The Brothers Karamazov - Dostoevsky
The Vesuvius Isotope, and (Vol 2) The Death Row Complex- Kristen Elise, PhD (a good friend of mine)
The Koran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back