What do you do when trick-or-treaters show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife answers the door with the candy while I stand in the shadows with the gun. :D

We never got any trick-or-treaters at my old house, but I may get some at my new home. I decided that I'm going to pass out Chapel Library tracts if anyone does come, and I may or may not include some fall treat with it. If any of the parents come along, I will try to engage them in some conversation and see if there are any opportunities to share the gospel. I only see "Halloween" as an opportunity to share Christ...so I will try to take that opportunity!

Tracts without candy? No! Gotta sweeten it up a little! I'll have to check out those Way of the Master dollar bills, we're almost out of the tracts we usually give out (taped to the *good* candy!).

I leave a bowl of tootsie pops out for the kids who come while we're out with our kids trick-or-treating.

If we're home (varies from year to year, depending on the day of the week), we give candy with an invitation to church taped to it. The littlest kids get compliments.

in the midst of our Reformation Parties we pause for the trick-o-treaters and hand out gospel tracts with candy, lots of good, teeth-rotting candy that iS! :)

Give them candy.

If you're home, you ought to answer the door.

Why? If I'm home must I also answer my phone every time it rings? Is there an obligation to answer the door when anyone knocks? If one doesn't wish to participate then I don't see any reason that he should feel an obligation to allow his evening to be interrupted.

What's halloween? :lol:

You guys have it good there with it being only a single day/night. Over here it's celebrated an entire month. Not exactly halloween, but something along those lines.

*Opens door for knocking kids*

Kids: "Trick or treat!!!"

Me: "Is that a question or a statement?"

Kids (confused): "Uhhh, a question?"

Me: "Then the answer is Trick!! Muahahahaha"

*Closes door*

We give them candy, though we have never allowed our kids to do this. When asked why, I simply explained that we tell them all their lives that they shouldn't take candy from strangers, and then we're supposed to let them do it once a year?

I do let my kids dress up in non-supernatural costumes (they all did this for play even if it wasn't Halloween so I don't see the difference) and they get to give out the candy when kids knock. Their Mom will then take them to Grandma's and the 2 neighbors on our street that we are friends with and they knock on THOSE doors and beg for candy.

Give them contaminated candy to teach those heathens a lesson.

Is it wrong to go around and ask for a treat?

All of that has to do with appeasing evil spirits!!!?!1!

The spirits demand to come into your house to keep warm by the fire. You negotiate with them and leave foods outside the door and let it rot into the spirit world for them to feed off. Contaminated candy would vapor into netherworld better than fresh ones.
If you do neither, they will turn you house into a haunted house. You better give them candy or you're screwed. Give em a treat so they won't give you a trick. The real trick is to haunt you in your house. You don't want that , do you? Being a Christian, the devil will try to haunt my house anyway, anytime.
By the way, Put a pumpkin outside you door so the Satanist won't kidnap your children if they happen to be nearby.

-----Added 10/16/2009 at 08:52:48 EST-----

What if they are dressed up as the devil? Should you still compliment them?

What does the devil look like? :p

He looks like the most handsome male model on the front cover of People magazines. Don't be fooled since his heart is full of horrors.

Last edited:
Give them some candy. All they want is the candy, which is why I'm going to take my children to Wal-Mart the day after Halloween and buy them all the 75% off candy they want.

turn out the light, and ignore the knocking...
Oh! dear
Why hide in fear.
The devil will get you
when he is near.
It's your light
and your right.

-----Added 10/16/2009 at 09:06:37 EST-----

I lost my retail job due to folks stopped buying during last Christmas. If you stop buying candy and spooky goodies, you'll put the candy makers, stores, advertising out of business and many more will lose thier jobs. G R E E D is the new tool from Satan. Satan won again through greed. Satan wants everyone to lose. either way, you lose. What are you going to do? Call Ghostbusters? I'll dress as a Ghostbusters and hose them off.

-----Added 10/16/2009 at 09:11:14 EST-----

. . .I only see "Halloween" as an opportunity to share Christ...so I will try to take that opportunity! . . .

ummmmm Maybe it was put there for us, Christians to battle

-----Added 10/16/2009 at 09:13:41 EST-----

. . .Why? If I'm home must I also answer my phone every time it rings? Is there an obligation to answer the door when anyone knocks? . . .

Teletreaters

Our son (now 25)'s birthday is October 31, so we used to avoid the issue and take the family and invite everyone we knew to the nearby mall food court for a birthday celebration. That worked until one year when some guy in a monster costume crashed our little party and scared all the little kids. That and by the time my son was 10 or 12 he decided he wanted a birthday party at home like his brothers instead of going to the mall.

After that, we would try turning out the front porch light and putting blankets over all the windows to make it look like we weren't home. I also hung a big sign on the front door that said "We do not observe Halloween." But people started going out earlier and earlier, until they'd end up coming to our house before I got home from work and could cover the windows and put the sign up. We'd try to explain to them why we don't observe Halloween, but it was awkward. Eventually we resorted to keeping some candy on hand for those who couldn't or wouldn't get the message.

But since moving eight years ago, we haven't had a single trick-or-treater. Not one. Parents these days take their children door to door instead of letting them go out by themsevles like when I was a kid, and only go to people they know. And while we're not in a remote location and we do know our neighbors, we're a good block or more away from any children of trick-or-treating age and none of the parents of those children know us. So, eight years, not a one.

After the verbal abuse and assault on our property we endured last year, we will be out on 31/10 and will not return home until late in the evening. We will leave our house in total darkness and block up the letter-box.

The police came around after many complaints from frightened residents, but too late. Here, Halloween is just an excuse for yobbish behaviour.

I love this marvellous society that secular humanism has created. :barfy:

The littlest kids get compliments.

Trick or treat is an exchange......you dress up in some worthwhile costume and I give you candy for it. Usually, the older the kid, the less work they put into their costume. "Worthwhile" is lost on most high-schoolers.

What do you do when trick-or-treaters come knocking on your door?

Give them a KJV only New Testament, drop a Chick Tract in their bag, point them to the closet Harvest Festival at the local 1611 KJV Only, Seperated, Independent, Fundamental, and Premillennial Church.

Before they leave my steps I ask them to repeat this prayer after me...

We give 'em candy

While I think Halloween is a completely stupid "holiday", we pass out candy until 8:00 p.m. and then turn off the porch light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back