Union with Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puritan Sailor

Puritan Board Doctor
What is it? I'd prefer a Presbyterian/Westminster response. If there are different senses in which we are united to Christ, then what are they? Please provide Scripture for each. And finally, if there are different senses in which we are united to Christ, how do we keep from confusing the concept and falling into serious theological error?

Patrick,

I hate to be a spoilsport, but you would do much better to read Calvin, Murray ([i:749ede9d1b]Redemption Accomplished and Appllied[/i:749ede9d1b]), and Owen than listen to me!
:thumbup:

[quote:fa520d9c2a][i:fa520d9c2a]Originally posted by fredtgreco[/i:fa520d9c2a]
Patrick,

I hate to be a spoilsport, but you would do much better to read Calvin, Murray ([i:fa520d9c2a]Redemption Accomplished and Appllied[/i:fa520d9c2a]), and Owen than listen to me!
:thumbup: [/quote:fa520d9c2a]
Thanks Fred. I will look them up. But it's nice to have conversation with people about it instead of always reading it from somewhere else. Calvin and Murray are great, but I can't ask them questions about what they wrote :duh:

I can't tell you. I'm a Baptist. :spin:

I don't believe, however, that the Baptist view is any different than that of a Presbyterian.

[quote:9b1e3a2930][i:9b1e3a2930]Originally posted by puritansailor[/i:9b1e3a2930]
[quote:9b1e3a2930][i:9b1e3a2930]Originally posted by fredtgreco[/i:9b1e3a2930]
Patrick,

I hate to be a spoilsport, but you would do much better to read Calvin, Murray ([i:9b1e3a2930]Redemption Accomplished and Appllied[/i:9b1e3a2930]), and Owen than listen to me!
:thumbup: [/quote:9b1e3a2930]
Thanks Fred. I will look them up. But it's nice to have conversation with people about it instead of always reading it from somewhere else. Calvin and Murray are great, but I can't ask them questions about what they wrote :duh: [/quote:9b1e3a2930]

Understood. I'd be happy to discuss what Murray and others wrote. I just don't want to have to reproduce it in worse style! :biggrin:

[quote:339cb03802][i:339cb03802]Originally posted by fredtgreco[/i:339cb03802]
Understood. I'd be happy to discuss what Murray and others wrote. I just don't want to have to reproduce it in worse style! :biggrin: [/quote:339cb03802]
Understood. Stay tuned for quotes in the near future... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back