The Nativity Story ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayflower

Puritan Board Junior
First of al iam against movies about Jesus, but iin my church some mebers are very enthusiastic about the christmas movie The Nativity Story .
Is any familiar with the movie ?

Are you wanting to gently instruct or influence your brethren on this issue? I am not familiar with the movie.

It is mostly about Mary and Joseph and what life was like for a pregnant woman who was betrothed then turned up pregnant in first century Israel. There are not images of Christ except at the very end when the baby is born then the movie ends.

I thought it was an alright movie, but I do not have the strong convictions about movies or images.

I haven't heard much about it except the adverts I saw upon its initial release. I must admit that I'm against that manner of movie, but from the little I've heard, it was quite reasonable, as an entertaining work, and as an acurate representation. Although I only heard that from one person...and the conversation merely brushed the topic at best.

I haven't seen it and I think I am the only one of my friends that hasn't. They all thought it was great. They are all people that I respect greatly. I do not believe any of them would share my views about images of Jesus, but I respect their opinions on many things. I can tell you that the soundtrack is awesome. I won it from the local radio station.

I think its an ok movie. Not worth fighting a theological battle over. In that case it could fade into oblivion and not be missed. But a nice story, and accurate as far as I could tell.

I remember there was a stink over the movie on account that the girl who played Mary came up pregnant outside of marriage at like age 16 during filming of the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back