The Catholic Origins of Futurism and Preterism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LeRoy Edwin Froom was a Seventh Day Adventist.

When I was a Dispensationalist (years ago) a reformed Calvinistic thinking "historicist" lent me the four volume set of Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers in an attempt to convince me against Dispensational and Pre-Mill.

Froom seems to be the only one who writes these things about Catholic origins of Futurism. If there is evidence that this is true, it seems that there should be more documentation than what is provided by this Seventh Day Adventist source. I haven't seen any yet.

There is a work titled "Horae Apocalypticae" by a man I can't remember. I listened to part of it as an audio book and it supports this claim to a certain degree.

There's numerous reformed protestants that make the same claim about Ribera. Regardless, there's plenty of problems with futurism without its starting place being the issue. The fact is, almost everyone (calvinist and arminian) was historicist until the Scofield Bible came out. I think 2 Thess 2 and 1 Tim 4 make it abundantly clear who the Antichrist (Vice Christ) is. The nature of the 2 Thess text screams historicism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back