The Best Live Albums of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
No big surprises in the list...although I think the prog rock scene is notably absent.
Rush, Yes, or Genesis would be welcome additions. Rush's Exit Stage Left for example.

Was great to see Cash's Folsom Prison on the list as well as Wilco's Kicking Television.

I was surprised that The Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" was absent from the list, that album was marvelous.

Neil Diamond's "Hot August Nights" is another all time best seller absent from the list by Rolling Stone Magazine.

Instead of that last minute nod to Hip Hop I would have included Grand Funk Railroad's live album from '71. Rolling Stone had said that GFR was the worst rock and roll band of all time so it's no shock they thumbed their coke filled noses at them.

I agree that Genesis and Rush should have been on the list. Wilco??????

I have always liked The Stones :Get yer Ya Ya's Out! THE BEST COVER of the old Berry tune "Carol" ever....period!;););)

Instead of that last minute nod to Hip Hop I would have included Grand Funk Railroad's live album from '71. Rolling Stone had said that GFR was the worst rock and roll band of all time so it's no shock they thumbed their coke filled noses at them.

Oh, so you're the one person in America who like GFR! I wondered who it was... Did you have the GFR album that Frank Zappa (!) produced?

Oh, so you're the one person in America who like GFR! I wondered who it was... Did you have the GFR album that Frank Zappa (!) produced?
Don't dog the Funk man, uncool!:lol:

No, it was produced by Terry Knight. Don't be such a 'Mean Mistreater' Richard.

OK, I just looked at the list. Wilco? Jay-Z? Nirvanna????

What about Pink Floyd "Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall: Live"

What about Jethro Tull? What about Styx? What about Kansas? All those bands were known for their live shows.

Sigh... make sure you include The Ramones, though!?!

I know I'll be called lame for saying this but I think Rez's XX years live was a great album. Granted they would never have even been given a glance by The Rolling Stone.

OK, I just looked at the list. Wilco? Jay-Z? Nirvanna????

What about Pink Floyd "Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall: Live"

What about Jethro Tull? What about Styx? What about Kansas? All those bands were known for their live shows.

Sigh... make sure you include The Ramones, though!?!

:agree::ditto::up::handshake:

I know I'll be called lame for saying this but I think Rez's XX years live was a great album. Granted they would never have even been given a glance by The Rolling Stone.

I thought that was a great album as well. I had the "double cassette" before they ever had cd's.

I don't see the list...

My favorites (and I don't usually care for live albums) are:

Counting Crows - Across a Wire
Peter Gabriel - Secret World Live
Genesis - Seconds Out
U2 - Rattle and Hum (not strictly live, but great nonetheless, especially the movie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back