Best Rock Albums....

Status
Not open for further replies.
August Burns Red

YouTube - August Burns Red - Back Burner (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO)

....and As I Lay Dying

YouTube - As I Lay Dying - Forever

They are Christian Metalcore bands....if you can understand any of their lyrics..

I must be careful to put this as politely as possible, but if our church youth group promoted Forever, I would be very, very, very, very angry. Call it Metalcore...whatever. I can't be convinced that this is "Christian" and God-honoring. With a Kapital K, it is K-rap!:2cents:

So much for being polite! I guess you would be very angry with most of the youth in my old church then..

I am actually curious why you would think this is not "God honoring" or "Christian?" Is it because of the brutal breakdowns and screaming? I just curious as to why you "can't" be convinced that this is Christian. I know it's not worship music, but their just a bunch of Christian guys playing metal. If you have a problem with that, then I guess I'm lost. Oh well!

With all you guys posting these band names you should watch the dvd "Hell´s Bell´s 2"
I do not dare listen to non Christian anymore, just because of knowing what it does to my sub-consions.
But then again, this would just make me the weaker-brother so do not mind me.

I was a big classic rock fan, then I saw the ten hour documentary, "They sold their souls for rock and roll."

I can listen to the music that same way. The four hour version is on google video. They bought out stuff which was very compelling and difficult for me to ignore. I was surprised the influence the Alister Crowley, the founder of modern Satanism, had upon rock music. Black Sabbath had a song to him, Jimmy Page moved into his house in Scotland. The Beetle's feature his mug on Sgt. Pepper's marching band. I was surprised that so many lyrics were almost verbatim from the Satanic Verses. And it was ten hours worth. The song the crossroads was about selling your soul to the devil for the gift of music, stated the author of the song. I was stupid enough to think there was some Christian connotation. The Occult is ubiquitous. within modern music. It even goes into rap, surprisingly. We all have our own conscious, and if I hadn't seen that video it wouldn't bother me. But, now I have great trouble.

I'm throwing my support toward Dark Side of the Moon. Quite simply the best album ever (and certainly the best concept album).

With all you guys posting these band names you should watch the dvd "Hell´s Bell´s 2"
I do not dare listen to non christian anymore, just because of knowing what it does to my sub-consions.
But then again, this would just make me the weaker-brother so do not mind me.

This is off topic, but did you know that Eric Holmberg (the host of the Hell's Bells Documentary) has become a Calvinist and even hosted the Amazing Grace: The History & Theology of Calvinism Documentary?

Back when he created Hell's Bells he was solidly Arminian and it shows through in the video. So beware of the Hell's Bells documentary or you'll get your Soteriology all wrong. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm throwing my support toward Dark Side of the Moon. Quite simply the best album ever (and certainly the best concept album).

Hmm... I'm going to have to disagree and say the Queensrÿche's "Operation: Mindcrime" is the best concept album. :)

But DSotM is certainly a good listen...

Actually, when Eric did HB2 he was a Calvinist. How do I know that? I know Eric.

I didn't know when he changed, but I know on HB1 he was still an Arminian.

btw... He seems like a nice guy to know. Quite an interesting life he's had.

Anything at all by Stryper-They totally rock out and they are still going strong with an album coming out in 2009 called "Murder by Pride".and Yes Michael Sweet can still hit the high notes with ease,They are still rocking for the Rock Jesus Christ-Just Good God exalting Christ praising heavy metal!

The Yellow and Black attack is back!

Grace to you all

P.S Michael Sweet is playing a solo show in Pittfield MA at a church there Feb 13th-also he has asked for prayer for his wife Kyle who is very ill right now please join me in prayer for the Sweet family

I heard Michael Sweet was now singing for Boston. Do you know if that's true?

:pilgrim:Yeah That's right on Michael is singing leads with Tommy Dicarlo,What I'm hearing is Tom has asked Michael to join the band for a new album and tour again in 2009 and that includes contributing to the songwriting for it.seems like they have becoming friends through last years tour.We saw them at the Comcast center and He did a tremendous job with vocals,stage presence etc.anyway I do not want to go to far :offtopic:perhaps for another thread
Grace and Peace to you

Tom has asked Michael to join the band for a new album and tour again in 2009 and that includes contributing to the songwriting for it

Sounds great. But let's hope Michael isn't asked to provide lyrics.
In my opinion, he's probably one of the worst lyricists in the history of music. :)

But at the same time an incredible guitarist and singer. :sing:

I was surprised the influence the Alister Crowley, the founder of modern Satanism, had upon rock music. Black Sabbath had a song to him.

It was actually Ozzy Osbourne who had a song after him. Only Tony Iommi is Black Sabbath in a historical sense.

I was surprised the influence the Alister Crowley, the founder of modern Satanism, had upon rock music. Black Sabbath had a song to him.

It was actually Ozzy Osbourne who had a song after him. Only Tony Iommi is Black Sabbath in a historical sense.

Also Alister Crowley, while an occultist wouldn't have identified himself as a Satanist in the modern sense. The founder of modern Satanism as we have it today was Anton Sandor Lavey founder of the Church of Satan.

Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon". Was in the bilboard top twenty for sales for 1,285(that’s 25 years) weeks in a row. Thirteen of them in the top 10.

Chris
You must be a drummer. Every drummer I know loves Rush, and Dream Theater. Oh, and by the way, Dream Theater just happened to do a live" Dark Side of the Moon" d.v.d. they also played Echoes.

I am a Rush fan and Dream Theater fan have been for many years , saw DT do Dark side of the Moon live , in London ... awesome ! :cool:

-----Added 3/27/2009 at 08:32:45 EST-----

Rush - 2112
Rush - Hemisphere's

:ditto::cool:

Yes - Close to the Edge, Going for the One, Tales.., Oh... anything with Wakey !!!!
Rick Wakeman- Criminal Record & Journey to the Centre of the Earth
Roger Waters- Amused to Death
Moody Blues- In Search of the Lost Chord, EGBDF
Kraftwerk- T.E.E. , Computer World, Autobahn
Genesis- Invisible Touch, And then There Were Three, We Can't Dance, Duke
Ramones- Ramonesmania (simple, but amusing)
Pink Floyd- Dark Side.. & The Wall
Eric Clapton- Live recordings such as 24 Nights
B52's - Cosmic Thing
Talking Heads- Stop Making Sense

My taste is pretty varied ;

1. A Night at the Opera - Queen
2. Going For The One -Yes
3. Hemispheres - Rush
4. Tones -Eric Johnson
5. Smash hits , Jimi Hendrix
6. Street Legal , Bob Dylan
7. Blood On the Tracks ' Bob Dylan