Questions about Quebec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toasty

Puritan Board Sophomore
I would like to travel to Quebec in the future, but I'm not sure when I can go.

Do you think that Quebec will ever become a separate nation?

Is there a lot of hostility between English speakers and French speakers in Quebec?

How far south in Quebec can one be and still see the Northern Lights?

What are some recommended sites to see in Montreal and Quebec City?

What kind of exotic food is found in Quebec? Seal meat? Walrus meat?

No, not likely. They've tried several times.

Is there a lot of hostility between English speakers and French speakers in Quebec?

It depends where you are. Montreal is quite friendly to English-speakers. Quebec City less so and many smaller towns far less. But there are also English-speaking enclaves, especially in southern Quebec.

If the conditions are right, you could probably see them anywhere. We're in Ontario and we can see them here -- if the conditions are right. But your chances are better the further north you go and especially in winter.

In Montreal, Pointe-à-Callière, the Montréal Museum of Archaeology and History is a must-see. In Quebec, just go to the old city and wander around. There's plenty to see. It's a bit of Europe in North America. And, in both places, find fellowship with the Reformed Church of Quebec. They speak French, but they'll welcome you warmly.

Seal might be eaten in the far north of Quebec by Inuk. But the Quebecois have their own unique cuisine. Poutine is most well-known. Cretons and Tourtiere are also Quebecois specialities. If you're in Montreal, you absolutely have to try a Montreal-smoked meat sandwich at Schwartz's. The cheese and beer in Quebec are also first-rate -- best in North America, I think.

No, not likely. They've tried several times.

It depends where you are. Montreal is quite friendly to English-speakers. Quebec City less so and many smaller towns far less. But there are also English-speaking enclaves, especially in southern Quebec.

If the conditions are right, you could probably see them anywhere. We're in Ontario and we can see them here -- if the conditions are right. But your chances are better the further north you go and especially in winter.

In Montreal, Pointe-à-Callière, the Montréal Museum of Archaeology and History is a must-see. In Quebec, just go to the old city and wander around. There's plenty to see. It's a bit of Europe in North America. And, in both places, find fellowship with the Reformed Church of Quebec. They speak French, but they'll welcome you warmly.

Seal might be eaten in the far north of Quebec by Inuk. But the Quebecois have their own unique cuisine. Poutine is most well-known. Cretons and Tourtiere are also Quebecois specialities. If you're in Montreal, you absolutely have to try a Montreal-smoked meat sandwich at Schwartz's. The cheese and beer in Quebec are also first-rate -- best in North America, I think.

Thank you for answering my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back