Piggy back on the incarnation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

earl40

Puritan Board Professor
I was contemplating on the nature of Jesus between the cross and the resurrection and it occured to me that the doctrine of the incarnation mainly deals with Jesus taking upon Himself human flesh. I have found many resourses on Him doing so (taking on a human body) but scant few of Him on the matter of His soul and Him taking on this part of humanity. Is there any scripture that says He presented Himself to the Father after the cross and before the resurrection?

Is this relevant to your question?

John 20:17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.' "

Is this relevant to your question?

John 20:17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.' "

If we don't believe that Jesus, along with the thief next to Him, were in paradise after they died. I assume Jesus was talking about His physical ascension in front of the apostles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back