Philadelphia Conference on Reformed Theology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Connally

Puritan Board Freshman
My wife and I had a wonderful time at the 2nd Presbyterian Church in Greenville, SC. I left very impressed with Richard Phillips who pastors this very friendly, warm, and knowledgeable congregation. In fact, I think he was the most impressive speaker of the lot and that is saying something. Jerry Bridges was great as was Steve Lawson. Derek Thomas was interesting as well. I also had the pleasure of meeting Joseph Pipa. My brain if so full of information that it will take a few months to decompress and for the wonder of it all to sink in. Justification by Faith Alone is a doctrine that fills my heart with thanksgiving. God bless.

Chris Connally
Romans 8:28

I have been attending the PCRT for several years now and I've always been so encouraged! I always walk away learning something new, and being greatly edified! Glad you enjoyed it as well!

Wow!,What a wonderful time you must have had!,I Love Steven Lawson's ministry and Thanks alot for the tip on Richard Phillips,He sounds very solid and he has a podcast through 2nd Presbyterian so I will be enjoying that also:up:

-----Added 4/21/2009 at 08:25:45 EST-----

Hey Chris,also a warm welcome to the PuritanBoard if it hasnt been said already!!:wave:

We're getting ready for the conference in Philadelphia. It will be the third year for dh and me, the second year for our pastor and his wife. This time several other families from our church as well as my dd and her dh who is entrenched in our former church will be going - dd is so excited and we are praying that the experience will open her dh's eyes and spirit to the shallowness and wrong teaching he is clinging to. Several of the people in our group are presently unreformed and we're praying this will be the beginning of spiritual change and growth in their lives. Apart from that, the weekend will simply be wonderful if the previous two years are any indication - this is definitely a highlight in our year!

BTW - does anyone know why RC Sproul is not speaking this year?

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a great conference! Did they sell dvd's of it? Did you get any?

Sounds like you had a great trip :)

We had a great trip and enjoyed the fellowship.

-----Added 4/24/2009 at 01:21:27 EST-----

I have been attending the PCRT for several years now and I've always been so encouraged! I always walk away learning something new, and being greatly edified! Glad you enjoyed it as well!

It was great to be able to be in a meeting where Calvinism was not a dirty word. We were almost giddy with delight at being able to have a conversation with folk and not have to wonder if they were preparing the bonfire.

-----Added 4/24/2009 at 01:22:29 EST-----

Wow!,What a wonderful time you must have had!,I Love Steven Lawson's ministry and Thanks alot for the tip on Richard Phillips,He sounds very solid and he has a podcast through 2nd Presbyterian so I will be enjoying that also:up:

-----Added 4/21/2009 at 08:25:45 EST-----

Hey Chris,also a warm welcome to the PuritanBoard if it hasnt been said already!!:wave:

Thanks for the welcome and I do enjoy Steve Lawson as well. You will enjoy Richard Phillips very much. God bless.

-----Added 4/24/2009 at 01:24:06 EST-----

We're getting ready for the conference in Philadelphia. It will be the third year for dh and me, the second year for our pastor and his wife. This time several other families from our church as well as my dd and her dh who is entrenched in our former church will be going - dd is so excited and we are praying that the experience will open her dh's eyes and spirit to the shallowness and wrong teaching he is clinging to. Several of the people in our group are presently unreformed and we're praying this will be the beginning of spiritual change and growth in their lives. Apart from that, the weekend will simply be wonderful if the previous two years are any indication - this is definitely a highlight in our year!

BTW - does anyone know why RC Sproul is not speaking this year?

We will definitely be attending next year's conference. I've heard that the conference in Philadelphia is the best one of the lot. I know you will be blessed.

-----Added 4/24/2009 at 01:25:42 EST-----

Sounds like you had a great conference! Did they sell dvd's of it? Did you get any?

I don't know if they sold dvd's but they did sell mp3 audio and yes we will be ordering the entire conference. We did indeed have a great time. My brain was mush after being bombarded with all the info but well worth the headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back