Office Hours with Kevin DeYoung: What is the Mission of the Church?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Office Hours

Puritan Board Freshman
In this episode Office Hours talks to Kevin DeYoung, Senior Pastor at University Reformed Church, about the missional movement, the kingdom of God, and the mission of the church.

Listen to this episode here:
What is the Mission of the Church?: Kevin DeYoung:: Westminster Seminary California

You can also listen to this episode with our WSC Media mobile application for iPhone and Android.

Subscribe to Office Hours in iTunes. Search "Office Hours."

Listen to all the episodes at:
http://wscal.edu/officehours

Contact Office Hours:
* Call Office Hours at 760 480 8477. Leave a message and we may use it in future broadcast.
* Email us at [email protected]
* Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

If you're encouraged by Office Hours please leave a rating on iTunes so others can find it.

Also please encourage your pastors, elders, friends, and family to listen to Office Hours.

Thanks for listening!

The Office Hours Team

This is a book that those involved in evangelical missions need to read.

So many evangelicals are gravitating towards "social justice" and "compassion" that they are forgetting the Commission of the Church in Matthew 28.

While Christians may gather together and campaign for fair housing, that is NOT the mission of the Church and mission budgets should reflect this. So much effort and expense is being spent on causes that are only tangentially related to our main mission.

So many evangelicals are gravitating towards "social justice" and "compassion" that they are forgetting the Commission of the Church in Matthew 28.

Depending on your view there is discrepancy. What is the Gospel? Some say there are fruits of it. The book of James says something that I believe is impertinent to this situation.
(Jas 1:25) But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.

(Jas 1:26) If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

(Jas 1:27) Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

I have heard it said, "How can a man hear if his belly is empty and he be led away."

My prayer....

(Pro 30:8) Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me,

(Pro 30:9) lest I be full and deny you and say, "Who is the LORD?" or lest I be poor and steal and profane the name of my God.

This isn't about fair housing. Yes, I listened to the episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back