New Church Tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReformedWretch

Puritan Board Doctor
Thanks to Steve Tijerina I am going to check out a "fairly" local Presbyterian Church tomorrow morning. It's name is "Church of the Servant" in Palmyra Pa.

Steve gave me this wonderful link:

http://www.pcanet.org/

I sadly discovered that there are NONE in my immediate area but this one is in the town my daughter lives in while she is in College so maybe it will be easier for me to get her to go too. :pray2:

I called the pastor and he was great! He sounded happy that I was looking for a church that taught Calvinism and told me I would be very welcome.

I hope this goes well!

It went pretty well! Definately more "structured" than I have ever experienced but that's what I have been missing in my opinion. Everyone was pretty friendly which thrilled me. Many churches that I have been to are not. Many times I have been completely ignored.

The people I talked to were very happy but surprised to hear how I found out about the church. I had fun telling many of them the story and about this board as well.

The Pastor seems to be like me, meaning he likes to just meet and talk about the word for HOURS. He called me this evening and asked if I wanted to go get a drink and talk. Met him and an Elder from the Church at 8:30 and we talked about the scriptures, our testimony, and other biblical subjects for several hours.

I am anxious to go back, but I am even more anxious to see how serious this pastor is about getting together frequently and just disceting the word! I pray that he is not over exagerating his desire to do this.

Quote:

"Definately more "structured" than I have ever experienced"

I'm right there with you Adam. It's odd how one becomes accustomed to an anything goes type of atmosphere after a while.

One of the absurdities in the loose approach is that I always heard it defended over against the "structured" approach by claiming that structure doesn't allow the Holy Spirit to move/work.

I think that's worth a head bang... :banghead:

You're right! I've heard that limitting the Spirit excuse to. How about this one "We don't want to put God in a box."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back