My Sixth Sense About the Coming Economic Collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puritanhead

Puritan Board Professor
I predict the U.S. Dollar will collapse and bottom out sooner or later, and definitely in next decade. Sixty-five to Seventy percent of U.S. dollars in existence circulates abroad... The more economically literate might fathom the implications of this factor in the midst of a dollar downfall. OPEC is talking about making the Euro the reserve currency. The Fed has been able to forgo a hyperinflation in aggressive periods of credit expansion like in 1990s by the dollars flowing overseas, though foreigners often buy up U.S. T-Bills or our real estate instead goods and services.

A former Senior Treasury official Paul Craig Roberts has written a number of op-eds, some appearing in the The American Conservative magazine and on LewRockwell.com about the coming U.S. economic downturn.

I was one of the few people that liked micro- and macro- economics in college. The "dismal science!"

Can you predict the Lotto numbers??

Hold on - let me get a paper and pen. BTW - Never play(ed) it.

Just wait until housing starts to plummet from all the ones that got the interest only loans and bought more than they could chew. (Not everyone but most)

I'm glad when house plummets, I am thinking about going to Law School, and to practice in North Carolina or Pittsburgh. Eventhough houses in Pittsburgh and Raleigh and Charlotte are way more cheaper than Brooklyn, it will still come in handy.

Originally posted by Slippery
I'm glad when house plummets, I am thinking about going to Law School, and to practice in North Carolina or Pittsburgh. Eventhough houses in Pittsburgh and Raleigh and Charlotte are way more cheaper than Brooklyn, it will still come in handy.

A collapse in the dollar doesn't necessarily translate into cheap housing and cheap education... it can bottom out the home mortgage market as well... and make institutional structures like colleges inflate their already high tuition even more... The reason the dollar will inevitably collapse would be the sustained inflationary boom of expansionist credit which is what the 1990s was and the final calamity of correction... we're paying all high price for our so called prosperity in the 1990s which was really from loose monetary policy, not savings induced capital investment... the solution to hyperinflation is higher interest rates and tightening the credit strings.

[Edited on 6-28-2005 by Puritanhead]

Originally posted by govols
Can you predict the Lotto numbers??

Hold on - let me get a paper and pen. BTW - Never play(ed) it.

Just wait until housing starts to plummet from all the ones that got the interest only loans and bought more than they could chew. (Not everyone but most)

I'm not predicting with my own insights-- it owes to following economic indicators and I cited an authority as well-- an ex-Treasury official in Reagan administration....

The lottery numbers by the way will be 14 21 27 38 44 49
;) seriously look into it

Hmmm...Gary North says buy gold...Dave Ramsey says no...

ROOOOOYYYYYY-ALLLLLLL RUMMMMMM-BLE!!!:lol:

Gold and silver is the way to go. Minted gold/silver coins are recognizable worldwide. Your paper money is worthless to other countries if we were to have an economic collapse.

Oil seems like the best way to go. If the U.S Economy goes south, that means that there will be no great incentive to develop alternative sources of energy. Sad to say but its our Lefties that provide some sophistication to this world in terms of environmentalism. That being said, if there is no focus on alternative sources, the whole world will stick to traditional sources i.e crude oil. Once they stick to that, that will become the most traded commodity, if it already isn't.

I suppose we should stockpile oil barrels in our backyard?

I see your point Keon. Oil is the blood of this country as well as others. This is why oil is in fact a national security issue and worth every penny of bringing stability to oil rich countries (even if by force). We also need to dig in our own backyard.

The gov should stop sending 3 billion annually to Israel and invest in alternative energy. War over oil is futile. But our gov wont invest because they ala Bush, Cheney, and others make their own money off of Oil. So instead of doing whats best for US of America they do whats best for them at the expense of US.

Blade

Take a look and see how much we give to Egypt and Saudi. The 3 bil we give to the Jews is left-over change in comparison.

The only theories are those which the government puts out so that we dont think. Thinking is bad unless it supports the government. Then thinking is good. As long as were preoccupied with fear, food, and fun. :banghead:

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
Originally posted by Jeff_Bartel
What's next...Conspiracy Theory? :lol:

"Even a paranoid can have enemies." -- Henry Kissinger

Seriously though, conspiracy-oriented historiography is actually respected in all studies except American history. I mean, look at Communism in Russia. That was a conspiracy. Although I disagree with several of his conclusions, Gary North has gone out of his way to show that conspiriography in American Studies actually makes a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back