Mac/pdf help, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottish Lass

Puritan Board Doctor
I'm hoping to prevail upon someone here on the PB who uses both a Mac and .pdf files regularly.

I teach one day a week for a homeschool hybrid, and I'm "encouraged" to use Progeny Press' study guides with the novels I teach. At fifty pages per and six novels, I'm not printing these things out (though my predecessor/boss did). I have it uploaded as an editable .pdf (which is how PP designs it), the students download and complete it, then email it to me as a .pdf attachment. Out of about fifty students, around ten percent have had a tech issue--the file comes to me "locked" and/or the text fields appear blank. It's not blank to them; two kids even brought their laptops to class and showed me they had finished the assignment. Many of the students (though I haven't asked them all) are Mac users. I'm wondering if that's the common denominator and if there's an easy fix.

Long story short (too late, I know!), would one of you Mac/.pdf users be willing to accept an email file from me, type whatever in a text box or two, and send it back to me? Oh, and another oddity--the text boxes appear blank, but drop-downs and radio button choices are visible--go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back