Lord's Day Sermons (2/11/24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clawrence9008

Puritan Board Freshman
Please share what you heard preached on this Lord's Day (or, if you are a minister, what you preached on)!

Some friends and I visited my friend's brother's EFCA church in Harrisburg this morning for worship. While there were some distinctives of that church that I wasn't necessarily all for, for the sake of being gracious I am content to not disclose any of those. Heard a sermon on Titus 3:1-15, focusing on v. 3-8. The pastor discussed 1) the Holy Spirit as the agent of God's good work of salvation, 2) the nature of God's good work of salvation (regeneration and renewal; the "in-breaking" of future heavenly realities into our present lives), 3) the result of God's good work of salvation (hope), and 4) the fruit of God's good work of salvation (the believer being devoted to good works). I enjoyed the sermon, and was glad to partake of the Lord's Supper as well. I will listen to my pastor's sermon from this morning later on when Mt. Calvary uploads it to their website.

AM - Ephesians 1:4-6, the Father chooses, adopts, and welcomes us in Christ.

PM - 2 Timothy 2:3-7, the Christian ministry (and by extension the Christian life) is one of rigorous self-discipline and suffering for a glorious and worthy end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back