Jesus' present rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Bruckner

Puritan Board Professor
Jesus\'s present rule.

I'm in a debate with some fellas who believe that Jesus' rule does not commence until a future millennium. I believe that Jesus' rule commenced when He ascended to the Right Hand of the Father.

Can you guys point me to some well written articles that point to this. Much thanks.

[Edited on 11-16-2004 by webmaster]

Originally posted by Slippery
I'm in a debate with some fellas who believe that Jesus' rule does not commence until a future millennium. I believe that Jesus' rule commenced when He ascended to the Right Hand of the Father.

Can you guys point me to some well written articles that point to this. Much thanks.

Check out Gentry and Bahnsen's "A House Divided" at freebooks.com. Chapter 11, I believe, discusses the "Nature of the Kingdom" and you may find that helpful, b/c it is directly interacting with dispensationalism. You may also peruse the contents of Gentry's other works, b/c he regularly interacts with Dispensational thought.

openairboy

thanks a lot openair. that's a good resource link also.

Well let me bug you and VH with one more request. Can you point me to articles that deal with the transitional state of Adam's Will before the Fall towards the fall and after the wall.

Much thanks.

Well let me bug you and VH with one more request. Can you point me to articles that deal with the transitional state of Adam's Will before the Fall towards the fall and after the wall.

Much thanks.

I think an excellent source on this subject is Thomas Boston's Human Nature in its Fourfold State. I haven't found the work itself online, but here is an article about it which summarizes his teaching: http://www.chrlitworld.com/BookRevw/BAKBOSTON-02.htm

Much thanks.

Sorry, I can't think of any off the top of my head. I skimmed Boston's a few years back, and it is a staple on the issue. I would recommend monergism.com and play around there, b/c I would imagine they have articles discussing this issue.

openairboy

Much thanks.

Try Calvin's Institutes (I.xv)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back