Is Ben a clod for buying his wife a kitchen appliance for Christmas?

Is Ben an unromantic clod for buying a kitchen appliance for his wife for Christmas?

• No. I think it is a fine gift.

Votes: 55 70.5%
  • Yes. This type of gift is not appropriate as a Christmas gift.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Yes. Ben is an unromantic clod, but it isn't because of this particular gift.

Votes: 14 17.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be safe, you might want to put some diamond jewelry in it.
You know, the "other" ice that women like. :)

I personally can't think of anything MORE romantic than an ice cream maker. In fact, I like the idea so much, I'm considering doing the same. Thanks Ben.

Of course, my own clodness level may influence my thinking on the subject.

All I can say is remember the trash can you bought me for our 5th anniversary. Do I need to say more? Let's not go there, okay? :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This definitely ranks as one of the top ten PB posts.

'Tis a fine gift. Unromantic would be attaching a note to the kitchen appliance saying something like "Know your role."

I have never thought of doing something like that, but I considered your comment for a bit. As odd as this will sound to some folks, if I were to actually do that, I know how Toni would react: she gets a kitchen appliance and sees a note that specifically says, "Know your role." She turns around and rushes into my arms. Her role is to be loved by me, and she knows this. Thus my Purdiestness would find such a note extremely romantic.

Theognome

I personally can't think of anything MORE romantic than an ice cream maker. In fact, I like the idea so much, I'm considering doing the same. Thanks Ben.

Of course, my own clodness level may influence my thinking on the subject.

All I can say is remember the trash can you bought me for our 5th anniversary. Do I need to say more? Let's not go there, okay? :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This definitely ranks as one of the top ten PB posts.
Yeah, yeah....but what my Beloved fails to mention is the pair of beautiful amethyst and gold earrings hidden INSIDE the trash cans. And they were very nice stainless steel cans, a smaller nested inside the larger, with foot pedals, even. That was 9 years ago and we're still using both.

She was so mad steam was coming out of her ears, until my son opened the inner can and said, "Hey Mom, there's some kind of little box in here".

Might of been cloddish, but it was definitely romantically cloddish. ;)

Yeah, yeah....but what my Beloved fails to mention is the pair of beautiful amethyst and gold earrings hidden INSIDE the trash cans. And they were very nice stainless steel cans, a smaller nested inside the larger, with foot pedals, even. That was 9 years ago and we're still using both.

She was so mad steam was coming out of her ears, until my son opened the inner can and said, "Hey Mom, there's some kind of little box in here".

Might of been cloddish, but it was definitely romantically cloddish. ;)

Bravo, sir. You have uncovered the characteristic of women everywhere to not tell the WHOLE story in an effort to make us look like unromantic/thoughtless oafs. I think they must take a class or something. (Sorry Mindaboo...gotta stick with Brad on this one.) :)

Bravo, sir. You have uncovered the characteristic of women everywhere to not tell the WHOLE story in an effort to make us look like unromantic/thoughtless oafs. I think they must take a class or something. (Sorry Mindaboo...gotta stick with Brad on this one.)

Oh believe me...I heard about it for years, as a matter of fact everytime I wear the earrings he says, "Nice trashcans!" The men picked at me something terrible at church. It wasn't very funny at the time, but it is now. I was actually the one who ended up looking quite foolish.

Brad is actually very good at picking out things I like. He would never buy me an appliance for my birthday, Christmas or an anniversary.

He knows I am just teasing. I knew he would tell the rest of the story. :p

There are two things that came to mind when i came into this thread

1: Some sort of Bailey's and Guinness ice cream (see: car bomb)

2: Another stout variation with vanilla and caramel

This in my opinion is a great gift that the both of you can use together

There are two things that came to mind when i came into this thread

1: Some sort of Bailey's and Guinness ice cream (see: car bomb)

2: Another stout variation with vanilla and caramel

This in my opinion is a great gift that the both of you can use together

A car bomb ice cream is ice cream that I could get excited over!!

I know a bunch of wordlings who say getting anything of this sort for Christmas, birthday, anniversary or Mother's Day is verboten.

I bought my wife a lamp for Christmas. It is a ridiculous idea that we need to spend all sorts of money, and buy fun stuff for the holidays. During the years that we exchange gifts, we buy practical gifts.

To me an ice cream maker is not a necessary kitchen appliance, its fun, so if she's said that she'd like it, I'd go for it! You could also be on the safe side and get a little basket with ice cream/food themed bath products (if she likes that kind of thing) to get the, erm, "romantic" side covered (things vanilla scented, etc).

My husband got me a steam mop a few years ago for my birthday (he was skeptical) and I still gush all over him how much I love it - it makes my life easier, and isn't something I would normally buy, so it was a great gift.

I should buy my wife steel cans like those!

If you do that I will have to change my vote to YES, you are a clod. I have a really great sense of humor, but I didn't find this one funny at all. Could be that I had just delivered baby number 4 and I was still hormonal. By the time I found the earrings I was so irate that I couldn't think straight. I still despise those trash cans to this day.

Now, the ball and chain he gave me for our tenth anniversary...I found that very amusing. The sales clerk did not.

Now, the ball and chain he gave me for our tenth anniversary...I found that very amusing. The sales clerk did not.
Now my Beloved, in the interest of full disclosure, the romantic trip to Williamsburg was the anniversary present. The ball and chain was just a souvenir, along with the longpipe. :married:

I personally love funny gifts - inside jokes and such. Even more special to me than an expensive "easy" gift. My husband started several years ago getting store-bought birthday and anniversary cards and "editing" them. They're hilarious, though I usually can't display them with my other cards for, erm, questionably appropriate content. :eek:

Now my Beloved, in the interest of full disclosure, the romantic trip to Williamsburg was the anniversary present. The ball and chain was just a souvenir, along with the longpipe.

Okay, you got me. I loved both! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back