Incredible Free Resource! 1825-1929 Journals from Princeton Theological Seminary

Status
Not open for further replies.
PB may as well close up the shop. We are all going to be way to busy now. (Except Andrew who seems to be walking search engine)

So,

Anyone want to summarize which articles in which journals are by which key authors to make it easier to tell what's there?

Just downloaded two articles on the subject of Science and Faith (which I will doing graduate studies in beginning in the Fall). Thank you for bringing this resource to my attention!

Thanks for the heads up, Chris.

Another excellent Old School resource that some of you are probably already aware of is the Biblical Repertory and Princeton Review, which was founded and edited by Charles Hodge. The issues from 1830-1882 are online here.

Actually, now that I visited the page, it looks like the Princeton site may have the complete Biblical Repertory and Princeton Review, dating back to its inception in 1825. The U of Michigan "Making of America" site only goes back to 1830 and stops at 1882.

It appears the Princeton site has all of the theological journals produced by Princeton from 1825-1929, with the years 1868-1900 not yet indexed. This is an excellent resource for the study of Old School Presbyterianism, especially the northern brand exemplified by Princeton Theological Seminary. It is possible some issues may have some southern contributors too, but I haven't had time to really look into it and probably won't have much time to browse this for a while. But I'm sure there is a ton of information I can use on my blog in these journals.

Thanks for the heads up, Chris.

Another excellent Old School resource that some of you are probably already aware of is the Biblical Repertory and Princeton Review, which was founded and edited by Charles Hodge. The issues from 1830-1882 are online here.

They're on the site above as well. Looks like each site has a couple of advantages. The Princeton one will allow to download into Tifff files which aid in the OCR'ing endeavor whereas the one you just suggested looks more navigate-able. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back