Austin Theological Seminary

Status
Not open for further replies.

raderag

Puritan Board Sophomore
I found quite a goldmine at Austin Theological Seminary. For $5/year, you can check out 3 books at a time. While this is a liberal seminary, they have almost every Presbyterian and reformed book that I have tried to find, including many contemporary ones. It is only a few blocks away from Church, so I'll be frequenting it.

Sounds like a good deal. Wasn't Dabney associated with Austin Sem at one time?

Originally posted by wsw201
Sounds like a good deal. Wasn't Dabney associated with Austin Sem at one time?

I wouldn't be surprised. It was one of the largest in the south. It is now one of the most liberal ones.

There are old newspapers in the stacks with Dabney's home mailing address on them. And the portrait used in the Naphtali Press reprint of one of Dabney's philosophy books resides at the library somewhere. http://www.naphtali.com They moved the house or maybe destroyed it, dunno, that Dabney designed and built and lived in while in Austin. Lot is a parking lot now.

I gave them a call and for people who don't live in Austin, we still have to go through inter-library loan.

Chris: Is there a seminary of any sort near you? If so, they probably have a similar deal and probably have a great selection of books. I found this with a seminary in our area.

Originally posted by Scott
Chris: Is there a seminary of any sort near you? If so, they probably have a similar deal and probably have a great selection of books. I found this with a seminary in our area.

I really need to read the stacks of ones that I have!;) Vanderbilt Divinity School is down the road if I needed something. I've used ILL through WTS PA before and that worked out great. I just thought that I could go direct with Austin and bypass the local library. Still a good resource though. Maybe I need to move to Austin. Good BBQ, good blues...

Originally posted by crhoades
Originally posted by Scott

I really need to read the stacks of ones that I have!;) Vanderbilt Divinity School is down the road if I needed something. I've used ILL through WTS PA before and that worked out great. I just thought that I could go direct with Austin and bypass the local library. Still a good resource though. Maybe I need to move to Austin. Good BBQ, good blues...

Good BBQ, but you have just ostracized yourself from every decent Tenneseeian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back