Hypothetical, but if you had to recommend one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blhowes

Puritan Board Professor
Let's say that you had to recommend one sermon for somebody to listen to. Out of all the 1000s that are online, what would your one choice be? Purely hypothetical, but let's say that the person was on a business trip, sitting in his hotel room, a smidge frustrated by his situation at work, where he's trying to meet a seemingly impossible deadline, but he has to count on other people to do their part of the job before he could do his...and they're not doing their part. He considers going to the PB to ask prayer, but instead decides he wants to hear some good preaching to lift his spirits.

Given this hypothetical situation, what is the one sermon, out of all the thousands and thousands available online, that you would recommend to this poor, bewildered (and hypothetical) chap?

If one could actually listen to Spurgeon preaching then I would recommend anything by him.

Since that's not possible then I would recommend anything by Beeke or Piper.

Let's say that you had to recommend one sermon for somebody to listen to. Out of all the 1000s that are online, what would your one choice be? Purely hypothetical, but let's say that the person was on a business trip, sitting in his hotel room, a smidge frustrated by his situation at work, where he's trying to meet a seemingly impossible deadline, but he has to count on other people to do their part of the job before he could do his...and they're not doing their part. He considers going to the PB to ask prayer, but instead decides he wants to hear some good preaching to lift his spirits.

Given this hypothetical situation, what is the one sermon, out of all the thousands and thousands available online, that you would recommend to this poor, bewildered (and hypothetical) chap?

I would suggest this hypothetical sermon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back