How Frequently Does the Congregation You Attend Have the Lord's Supper?

How Frequent is Communion Celebrated?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Canadian Reformed Churches (including the one I pastor) have it every two months. We have one congregation that has weekly communion.

We celebrate the Lord's Supper 7 times a year. Once every other month and also on Maundy Thursday.

We celebrate the Lord's Supper 7 times a year. Once every other month and also on Maundy Thursday.

That's interesting, Jeff. Are there other OPs that celebrate on Maundy Thursday (or Monday Thursday as I called it as a kid)?

Nate, I do not know the practices of other OPs in the area. There are some such as Hillsdale that celebrates weekly and other such as Rockford Springs who celebrate monthly. My Session celebrates on Maundy Thursday for obvious historical reasons.

We are a baptist church and celebrate communion every week, except during July and August. During those months the services are taken by members of our own congregation whilst the pastor is away. It is up to each leader then to decide whether he wants to include communion or not, but generally speaking they don't.

Weekly, unless we have a baptism that Lord's Day, in which case we don't do the Lord's Table. My church is ARP.

That's interesting, Jeff. Are there other OPs that celebrate on Maundy Thursday (or Monday Thursday as I called it as a kid)?

At SRPC in Boise, we celebrate the Lord's Supper quarterly in March, June, September and December, currently the first Lord's Day of those months. As we do not acknowledge any holy day other than the Lord's Day, we do not take special note of Maundy Thursday. I'm sure we are a minority within the OPC.

I think our new pastor wants believes communion should be a surprise. Meaning we should never know when we are going to have communion that way we prepare ourselves each Sunday :wow:.

Monthly, but with some flexibility. We've done it when it seemed the message was more conducive to it as well.

Independent

Quarterly; non-denominational.

Question for everyone who attends a church that administers the elements every Lord's Day ....
How is the sacrament administered at your church so that it does not take away from the regular preaching of the Word?

I understand that the chief issue here is not the frequency of the Lord's Supper, but our understanding of what it means.

PRC

Communion always follows the preaching of the Word. The previous Lord's day we have preparatory, and in the afternoon we have an applicatory sermon.

I am in a PCA church that does it monthly, however I am convinced it should be done every Lord's Day. I am moving to a URC church in Minnesota and am not sure the frequency there.

Weekly in my PCA church home. And may I say it warms my heart to read the longing for more frequent communion among my brothers and sisters here. The Lord longs to impart more and deeper grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back