Favorite Psalms you have memorized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psalm 119 is definitely one of my favorites because it includes so much good, encouraging stuff. I especially embrace verses 9 through 16, where it says,

"9. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. 10. With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. 11. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. 12. Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes. 13. With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth. 14. I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches. 15. I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. 16. I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word."

Amen. And I highly recommend reading a commentary on these particular verses by John Piper. Read his article "Thy Word I Have Treasured in My Heart" from his website, desiringGod.org. Here's the link (just in case):

Thy Word I Have Treasured in My Heart :: Desiring God Christian Resource Library

Encouraged by this tread, I am working on memorizing Psalm 2 from the 1650 Scottish Psalter. It is such a blessing to be able to carry this in memory: it facilitates meditation and spontaneous praise!

We love singing Psalm 2 to the tune Montrose. It is a grand and hearty psalm to sing while driving in the car. :)

These are the Psalms that I love, and have either memorized or am currently memorizing: 1,19, 42, 43, 51, 63, 73, 103, 121, and 139.

I grew up with the Scottish Psalter and have several memorized. I could probably quote you a verse from just about every Psalm in the Psalter. Some of the ones that I run through my mind as I fall asleep are 1, 8, 23, 24, 46, 84, 98, 100, 103, 121, 130, 131, 133, 145. Sometimes I even sing them in the car.

To be honest, I think this is a huge reason why the Lord ordained Psalms as part of worship. I have been amazed by how many Psalms the children at my church have memorized and it's because they grew up singing from the Scottish Psalter. There is even one young lady in our church who I believe has memorized all of the Psalms! It truly is a blessing to be able to recall God's Word and to sing it from heart!

:ditto:

I am realizing that I left quite a few out that I didn't realize I have memorized because of Psalm singing. So I would have to add psalms 2, 8,14, 1st half of 27, 40, most of 51, 52, 98, 100, 121, 131, 137, 1st half of 147, most of 148. And who doesn't know 117 and 133 pretty well. :D

Psalms 23, 90 and well, let´s say 73. I depends...sometimes psalm 150 or three last Psalms in general.
I also love to read C.H. Spurgeon´s Treasury of David when I read Psalms. I recommend everyone to buy Spurgeon´s commentary on Psalms or read it from here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back