Driving Test Nerves

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeJUk

Puritan Board Junior
Hi Guys,

Just here to ask for prayer and some advice. For those of you who have done your driving test before did you find any ways of calming your nerves? This is my 4th attempt but still the nerves get me every time.

Thanks,

Regards,

Lee

Think of it like a video game except with less guns and explosions and there is no respawn point after you die.

;) Actually Lee, one thing that I found helpful is calming yourself down by taking things slowly. In other words, be praying for calmness and keep reminding yourself to not be in a hurry. During the actual test, if the instructor tells you to go somewhere, don't hurry to it. Take things easy and move as though you have no cares in the world. Slow yo'self down. Think through the directions given and calmly do as you are told with the best form you can muster. I'll pray for you, brother.

While you are in the test, try thinking of Americans driving on the other side of the road. This will either loosen you up or make you so frightened you can't drive at all.

I just passed my driving test ! wooooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your prayers and Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations. And as a work colleague said to me after passing my test, "Now you can start learning how to drive." Experience taught how true that was. Take care out there.

Congratulations! Knew you could handle it, brother, but it's always intimidating the first time round. I've been through three official and several unofficial driving tests for truck driving jobs - after awhile driving you wouldn't think much of them.

Being a driving instructor, I was going to offer some advice.. but I see its no longer needed! Well done my friend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back