Dictionary of Scottish Church History and Theology

Status
Not open for further replies.

crhoades

Puritan Board Graduate
Does anyone have this work? Something similar? Is it a good resource? Should I pick it up?

Discuss...

[Edited on 8-24-2005 by crhoades]

I just gave mine away to a young Covenanter. It has some neat reading in it. It is full of Facts and it is bigger than a Strongs Concordance.

Yes; its pretty big. David Lachman was a co editor and has several entries, Sherman Isbell, Sinclair Ferguson have pieces, some other familiar names. Minor correction. It is the Dictionary of Scottish CHURCH History and Theology, not Scottish History.

Originally posted by crhoades
Does anyone have this work? Something similar? Is it a good resource? Should I pick it up?

Discuss...

I have it. It has been an extremely useful resource for me. Highly recommended. :up:

Originally posted by crhoades
Edited title...

As far as I can tell, it is out of print.

Chris,

I saw that one can find "new," "used" and "collectible" editions of the Dictionary through Amazon for not less than $132 (man, that's a lot more than I paid a decade ago!). One method that I use to find books is through the Book Finder website. Using the ISBN (0830814078), I searched for this book and found that this price is pretty standard but Abebooks has a used edtion for $26.50, including shipping. It might be worth checking out since that is soooo much cheaper than any other alternative that I found. :2cents:

Originally posted by puritancovenanter
I just gave mine away to a young Covenanter. It has some neat reading in it. It is full of Facts and it is bigger than a Strongs Concordance.

I would be that young, appreciative, Covenanter. ;)

:lol:You guys kill me!!!

I had already found the book at Abe for $23.50 (and all of the others for $100+) and was wanting to know if it was worth it...Way to blow my cover:p

But as providence would have it, I had emailed the store yesterday and they are holding it for me...just in case anyone gets any ideas...

On a serious note - thanks for the recommendations and the hunting for me. Who needs bookfinder when you have Andrew and Randy?:banana:

Man, You lucked out. I was thinking about calling myself. What a deal. That is how I buy books. Low Cost. I am not a man of very much means and I love to give away books to those who I see have the gift of teaching. Good Job Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back