Come what may...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
by Arturo G. Azurdia III

Revelation 21:8 "But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death." ESV

Beloved we are under attack and the most frightening thing about it, we don’t even know we are. We are so thankful that we aren’t being attack by Muslims but we forget that we are being attack by the enemy in far more insidious and subtle ways that can be infinitely more damaging because we don’t even know it’s going on. Well then Art you say, “it’s better to run and hide!” Christian groups have been notorious to do this kind of thing you know. But Beloved, one of the things you’ll discover from reading the Revelation is that disengagement from the world is not an option that is given to us. And we my friends, those of you who are parents, especially need to keep this in mind as we train up our children, the aim is not disengagement the aim is not isolationism; the aim is not withdrawal or retreat. Perseverance is not simply, “I’m going to keep believing in Jesus, I’m going to keep believing in Jesus I’m going to keep believing in Jesus, I’m just not going to tell anybody it.” That’s not perseverance. In the book of Revelation it’s our open testimony to Jesus Christ in this world COME WHAT MAY. What was the first category of people listed to be participates in the Lake of Fire as I read to you this morning?

The COWARDLY.

The Revelation will not allow a Christianity that withdraws, that isolates, that retreats, rather it expects engagement with the culture and the world.

Exposition of the Book of Revelation by Arturo G. Azurdia III, sermon 4 titled “The beginning of the End.” [I typed it out while listening.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back