Children's Sunday School Curriculum Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doulos 2

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello, PB! I'm looking for recommendations for curriculum for k-6 children's Sunday school lessons for a church subscribing to the Westminster Confession.

Thanks in advance and God bless.

If you are interested in something distinctly Presbyterian, and if you may even be interested in curricula that uses the catechism, then as Jean said, Great Commission Publications should be the first place you look. Their Sunday school materials are excellent. They also have VBS lessons and catechism training resources, but in my opinion the Sunday school materials are the best thing they offer.

If they turn out to be too pricey for you or for some other reason you hesitate, let me know. There are a few others I might recommend, but the best of the others come from Baptists. In some cases, though, I could barely tell they were Baptist if I didn't know, so it isn't necessarily a mistake to look at them.

That's all I have for you, unless someone has found that old box of 1970s CRC material that must be stashed in some church's basement. (See my comments in this thread.)

I 2nd the GCP statments above, but Check the below out. The below would be better than a Baptist curriculum by far if you are looking for something in accord with the Westminster. They are consistent with the Westminster Standards. No images of any member of the Godhead. We have been using GCP, but are cycling into One story because we have found it does better in telling more events in scripture that others pass over (the less popular).

https://www.onestoryministries.org/default.asp?m=0

I think the cost are comparable to GCP, but it would seem the One story material can be reused many times over!(durability). Also they have VBS material, youth material, family bible lessons, and Bible Class curriculum (for a private school setting).

Last edited:
I 2nd the GCP statments above, but Check the below out. The below would be better than a Baptist curriculum by far if you are looking for something in accord with the Westminster. They are consistent with the Westminster Standards. No images of any member of the Godhead. We have been using GCP, but are cycling into One story because we have found it does better in telling more events in scripture that others pass over (the less popular).

https://www.onestoryministries.org/default.asp?m=0

I think the cost are comparable to GCP, but it would seem the One story material can be reused many times over!(durability). Also they have VBS material, youth material, family bible lessons, and Bible Class curriculum (for a private school setting).

Yes, you could check out One Story, too. It will work best if you have a room full of auditory learners. Students who need to write or draw will struggle some. And you need engaging teachers who can think of ways to support their points by adding visual creativity and active learning to the lessons. But the basic material is strong and the fellow behind the effort is a good Bible scholar and great guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back