Calvinist Flyswatter

Status
Not open for further replies.
the reformed calvinist blogosphere produces theological flies. i swat them.

Does anyone know anything about this blog?

Yes, I believe Paul warned timothy about this weblog in 2tim;

He said,
7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

9But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
as you read it, it becomes manifest he is devoid of truth:rolleyes:

This blogger looks like someone who is scared to announce who he is. An anonymous blog is an indication that someone is a coward. Anyone can make up stories, twist truth, and then refute the false statements.

He is like the degenerate used car salesman. He doesn't want you to see the package for what it is and is trying to make it look like something it isn't.

What a waist of time.

This blogger looks like someone who is scared to announce who he is. An anonymous blog is an indication that someone is a coward. Anyone can make up stories, twist truth, and then refute the false statements.

He is like the degenerate used car salesman. He doesn't want you to see the package for what it is and is trying to make it look like something it isn't.

What a waist of time.

I cannot be bothered with anonymous bloggers; what have they got to hide.

Bob Ross wrote:

ANOTHER "BRIDGE TO NOWHERE"?
I suppose you may have noticed, Charles, that Tom Ascol of the Flounders has announced on his blog the program for the so-called "Building Bridges Conference," November 26-28, 2007 at Ridgecrest Conference Center in North Carolina.

This appears to be another one of those entities referred to as "A Bridge to Nowhere" (Google for other examples).

The speakers on the program include Ascol, Daniel Akin, R. Albert Mohler, Tom Nettles and others. "This historic gathering next month promises to be a wonderful time of fellowship, instruction, worship and encouragement," says Ascol.

For $104 you get to hear 19 speakers and consume 5 meals.

From the Flounders' perspective, I'm sure Ascol and Nettles view this as an opportunity to make some proselytes to the "ordo polluted" Hybrid Calvinism version of "Calvinism," and perhaps attract some new recruits and supporters for the "Friends of the Flounders Movement."

From the perspective of Mohler and Akin, they probably view this as an opportunity to encourage moderation in the tone and temperament of the modern "Calvimania" among the Hybrid Calvinists, such as the Flounders, blogging seminarians, borderline hypers, and outright hypers.

You know, Charles, I think all of these fellows could learn a lesson from a James Russell Lowell poem which I recall from my high school years, "The Vision of Sir Launfal" -- wasted time, energy, and wealth searching for the Holy Grail, while the real or more needful opportunity to serve the Lord was lying just outside the castle's gate.

More here: Triablogue: "Charles" and Bob L. Ross Vs. Scripture and the Confessions

http://internetmonk.com/underground/?p=29

A few months ago I signed up for Bob Ross’ email updates. I don’t know much about the guy, but I believe it was Phil Johnson who recommended his writings. Phil wrote, “He’s a prolific writer of passionate commentary on just about everything, ranging from serious theological aberrations to little things that just get under his skin. He’s a kind of fundamentalist Andy Rooney.” But rather than complaining about the ingredients in Girl Guide cookies, Bob Ross complains about James White. A lot. He also complains about just about anything else under the banner of Calvinism. It gets old pretty quickly. Still, he seems like a nice enough guy and I think that he and I would see eye-to-eye on most matters.

Preparing For Da Vinci :: :: A Reformed, Christian Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back