Calvin & C. S. Lewis: Solving The Riddle Of The Reformation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

baron

Puritan Board Graduate
Just purchased this book yesterday for my Kindle only $2.99. Was wondering if any one has read this book yet? I'm getting tied up in the part about Logic.

Here is the link.

Amazon.com: Calvin & C S Lewis: Kindle Store

If you see down at the bottom of the page they list the book in paperback for $159.13. I wonder why?

I'm curious at the title of the book, what is the riddle to be solved?

I do not know yet. Between a Classic Theist and the Reformed, logic, between the first faith and the second, coercive monergism? I'm a little confused, will maybe not a little but a lot. I'm half way done and when I finish I will need to reread it again. But he sure quotes a lot of people.

Well I finished the book and do not know what to say. This is what I got from it. According to the author in the start he was reading RC Sproul Chosen by God and then Chosen but Free by Norman Geisler. So he read everything on Calvin and came to the conclusion that Geisler was wrong and Sproul was teaching Classical Calvinism, not Extreme Calvinism. So he realized Calvin taught Limited Atonement. Then he goes into Logic which I do not understand, guess I'm illogical. In the end Augustine, Luther, Calvin, and Sproul have a logical contradiction regarding the Omnipotence of God. He also lists the theories of the Atonement. So we have Lewis (Persuasive Monergism), Arminian (Synergism), Calvinism (Coercive Monergism), Classical Theists.

So the riddle of the reformation has been solved. Perhaps the Calvinists and Arminians can cease their arguing. Protestants can apologize to Roman Catholics, and Roman Catholics can reconsider salvation by grace through faith-not by works but inevitably with works. Imagine what the Church can accomplish when the saints unite and press on to Orthopraxy. On my Kindle you can find that at87-88%.

As stated above this is what I learned, now I read this while my wife is in the hospital and on very few hours of sleep. I'm no book reviewer and as stated no nothing about Logic, nor Philosophy. Maybe some one smarter than me will read it and give a proper review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back