The Calvin 500 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenbaggins

Puritan Board Doctor
No, this is not a car race around Geneva! P&R is launching a new book series (which I'm told will have about 7 volumes in it, when all is said and done) commemorating the 500th anniversary of the birth of Calvin. Two volumes are out already, this one and this one. The former, in particular, is a wonderful volume that will give anyone a much better understanding of Calvin's Institutes than they would have had before. I have the volume, and have commented on it here.

What with these books, plus the Gaffin Festschrift, the Robertson Festschrift, and the Frame book, P&R is trying to blitz the market with blockbusters for the summer! They need to slow down just a little! :book2:

Last edited:
Any reason why the first volume is hardback and the second is paperback? Seems as if they would be releasing a complete series they would release all the volumes in the same binding.

The legacy of Calvin book is a very small book, especially in comparison to the Theological Guide. I'm sure that's the reason. I might still have liked the legacy book to be hardcover, though, even in spite of that reason.

I don't know the answer to that question. Maybe P&R just wanted a small book on this subject, a sort of summary type book that anyone could read and get the answer to the question without having to read a massive tome to do it. It would seem logical to me, anyway. But I'm just guessing. :detective:

Agreed Lane. I know you do not work for the publisher but you have any idea why so little was spent on the legacy?

I think partially due to the fact that the author has already written a more comprehensive book found here:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Promptly-Offered-Revolutionary-Leadership/dp/1581825056/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212091438&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: A Heart Promptly Offered: The Revolutionary Leadership of John Calvin (Leadership in Action) (Leadership in Action): David W. Hall: Books[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back