Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
Anyone read this title?

17722m.jpg

ames Beller
Published by Prairie Fires

"America in Crimson Red contains a wealth of information about our Baptist heritage. In a day when staggering number of church members have almost no information about our heritage, I believe books like this can help us understand our past better so we can move forward more powerfully." --Dr. Jack Trieber "The book captured my attention. I could not put it down. Paster Beller is one of the finest historians of our day and did a tremendous job tracing our Godly heritage and our Baptist roots in Amercia...A must Read" Dr. Dennis Corle, Evangelist, editor Revival Fires. Every Baptist should know: * The origins of the old time religion. And why we shouldn't throw it away. * The American dissident who shed his blood in Boston for liberty 100 years before the Boston Massacre. * The obscure New England native who became the most influential preacher in American History. * The Revival that lead to the Bill of Rights. * The true origin of the frontier camp meeting - a unique American Baptist phenomenon. * Once and for all - George Washington immersed as a believer at the conclusion of the Revolutionary War? Hardback 684 pages.

Reviewer: Daniel J. Pulliam "A BAPTIST" (Knoxville, TN) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
"America is a Baptist nation"
From this quote on I was spellbound. This is unlike any other history book I have ever read. The facts are presented, but in a way to inspire, encourage, and enflame the child of God to run the race seeing "we are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses."
I had no clue that our nation was founded so firmly on Baptist principles. I knew our founding fathers were moral, but had no idea such a large majority were Baptist.
This book has deepend my appreciation for the Baptist and the doctrinal (Biblical) stance they have taken through the couse of history. I pray The Lord will once again bless our nation with more Shubal Sterns', Daniel Marshall's, John Clarkes, Isaac Backus', Obadiah Holmes', and others. Men who stand on the truth of Scripture - who live by it and die by it!
This is most definitely an absolute-must read for every Christian. If you haven't read it - READ IT! If you have read it - RE-READ IT!

To be sure, Baptists played a significant role in our nations founding. But I think the reviewer (if not the book) goes a bit too far if he thinks a majority of the founders were Baptist. I'd think it would be a small number, if by founders one means the signers of the Declaration and framers of the Constitution. Also, the Revolutionary War was referred to as a Presbyterian rebellion in England, and many have argued that our system of checks and balances and separation of powers reflects Calvinistic political theory and is a reflection of the checks and balances in Presbyterian church government.

Washington a Baptist? I have also heard the claim that he was immersed. Does that make a Baptist? He never joined a Baptist church, but they want to make him a Baptist. The best evidence we have is that he never partook in the Lord's Supper. Would they accept anyone else as a Baptist who never partook in the Lord's Supper and who remained in a paedo church that Baptists saw as no church at all? It's unbelievable the obfuscation and selective reading of the facts that takes place when some people try to make a point. Of course the Baptists do not have a monopoly on this tendency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back