A Story to Show God's sovereignty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abd_Yesua_alMasih

Puritan Board Junior
The following is a shortish story I wrote which in some ways is a blatant copy of the gospel message. I wanted in a way to depict humanity to show we do not deserve grace etc... so in a way it could be a parable but I have forgotten what all the different English terms are for all these things :um: (thats what the holidays do for you even though I was an English student...)

I would like suggestions on improvements (and there will be many) and doctrinal concepts that I can somehow weave into the plot. Keep in mind this is a rough draft and was only written quickly this afternoon while I had some free time. I see no point in perfecting it till I get outside input etc...

There are a number of points I want to bring through
1) God's sovereignty
2) Humanities guilt before God
3) God's love to his chosen
4) The justice with which God deals with mankind.

I know some parts do not come out too well but as I said I would like advice on what you think would go well. (What bits could be taken out, what bits expanded on... etc...)

[align=center]:book2:[/align]

There once was a king so powerful he claimed authority over both Heaven and Earth. No one was able to look upon his face without falling dead before his glory and men gave him the title the Celestial Emperor. He reigned from the Palace of Heavenly Edicts where he sat behind a silken curtain as courtiers prostrated themselves before him. Every word that uttered forth from his blessed lips became law and at his name the nations bowed in homage. He was praised as a fair and just monarch who dealt with all issues seriously and paid attention to both the rich and poor.

In charge of the Palace of Heavenly Edicts was a certain prince whose beauty could not be surpassed throughout the land. He seated his throne beneath the Celestial Emperor and no secret was hidden from him. He alone appeared before the king without his head covered. He alone had the privilege of tasting the heavenly wine from the king’s cup. Yet over time the Prince was overcome by his own beauty and impressed himself with his own station. He said to himself,
“I will raise my throne above that of the Celestial Emperor. I shall utter my own edicts and people will obey me. Above the earth, the clouds and the stars I shall plant my authority in Heaven itself. I shall be exalted far higher than the Celestial Emperor and shall be worshipped with the title the Holy Most High Emperor.”
With these things in mind the Prince turned the hearts of the people against the Celestial Emperor. He told them that they were free to disobey the law and he fed them lies which led to their own corruption. The Prince flattered himself saying that he had done all these things beneath the emperor’s eyes yet the Celestial Emperor did not know. The Prince was wrong. From behind the silk curtain the Celestial Emperor saw everything and knew everything. Nothing escaped his notice and he was grieved to see the behaviour of the Prince. Shortly though his grief turned to anger and his anger to blazing wrath. Soon he said,
“Let the Prince continue his schemes as I know he will never beat me. Let him heap up condemnation upon himself so that when I decide to act the whole world will be struck with fear.”

One day the Prince sat upon his throne boasting to himself in his heart. A rebellion was growing and one third of humanity was on his side yet he believed the Celestial Emperor was ignorant. All of a sudden the Celestial Emperor called the Prince to stand before the silk curtain. This came as a shock and fear gripped the very depths of the Princes heart.
“I know all,” the Celestial Emperor declared, “I see all and I hear all. You O Prince have lifted your heart above your station and declared within your heart that you are emperor. You are corrupt and vile. You have used the Palace of Heavenly Edicts as a den of corruption with all manner of unlawful deals passing under my nose. I have let these things happen so that my revenge shall be devastating to you. Let the whole world be astonished at your punishment and let all men know who the true emperor is.”
With these words the Celestial Emperor cursed the Prince and had him cast out of both the Palace of Heavenly Edicts and the Imperial city. Not only was this his punishment but all the Prince’s followers also were rounded up, one whole third of humanity, and dragged out into the wilderness. There they wept and toiled upon the land yet only just managed to survive.

The Celestial Emperor saw what had happened and was happy yet his generals came before him and asked,
“Why not kill all these men and women as they are traitors and deserve death?”
The Celestial Emperor shook his head from the midst of his glory and answered,
“The time will soon come when the violence of my revenge will amaze all creation. Men shall stagger around as if pregnant and women shall grasp at their faces as they will be unable to see. When their torture has finished I shall kindle a fire in a valley and cast them all into it. Not one of them deserves mercy.”
“And what shall we do until then?” the generals asked.
“There are certain people who I love who have joined the rebels in their cause.” the Celestial Emperor answered, “They are my elect – my chosen ones. I fear hurting them if I punish the rebels right now. Go forth my generals and find these men and women. Show them but an ounce of my glory and they will realise how far they have fallen from my law. Convict them of their rebelliousness for none of them is innocent. Let them mourn for what they have done and cast themselves at your feet in despair.”
“Shall we then pardon them?” the generals now asked.
The Celestial Emperor appeared to laugh at such a statement before replying with,
“Am I unjust that I will punish one person and not another? Someone must pay the price for these rebels which I love.”
The Celestial Emperor drew aside the silk curtains which hid him from view and walked down to the throne room floor. From his shoulders he took off his robes and from his head he took his crown. From his hands he took his gold rings and his sceptre was cast down upon the floor with a clatter which broke the astonished silence.
“Someone must pay the price for those rebels who I love,” the Celestial Emperor said, “So beat me as a traitor and brand my forehead with the mark of iniquity. Then go out to those people who I love, for they are the chosen, and deliver my message to them. Let them mourn and when they have finished tell them that they are pardoned. They will be so grateful because of the grace I have given them that they will desire to do no more evil.”
So the Celestial Emperor spoke, so it was done. He was beaten and bruised. His back swelled up and a hot iron was pressed against his forehead. After this his clothes were put back upon him and without a whimper the Celestial Emperor was placed back upon his throne and the silk curtain was pulled once more. The generals were astonished but they followed the Celestial Emperor’s commands and went out and found those people whom he loved. They gave them the emperor’s message and gathered them together in the Imperial City. When all this was done and all the elect were gathered in one place, praising the Emperor for his love and grace, the Celestial Emperor was happy.

Like locusts which cover the heavens and darken the sky so were the armies of the Celestial Emperor when he finally ordered his revenge. The rebels shrieked in terror and realised their errors but it was too late. None of them deserved mercy and they were hunted down, each one of them like beasts. The emperor’s armies advanced upon the rebels like fire racing across dry fields. All resistance was struck with an iron fist and one by one the rebel strongholds fell. Hundreds of thousands were left dead while others lived long enough to see family members die. Others could not die no matter how hard they tried. They were dragged around from city to city like trophies and tortured for all to see.

No one dared rebel against the Celestial Emperor ever again and those whom he saved could not help but prostrate themselves before him in the Palace of Heavenly Edicts and praise him for his love. They were unworthy of any pardon at all, they deserved to be among the damned, yet the Emperor had shown them mercy at his own expense. His love for his people was not just figurative – it was proven and real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back