A Question for Pastors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have four suits...
Black
Dark Brown
Navy Blue
Gray

This thread has caused me to question whether Rev. Glaser is truly an Associate Church minister. NO BOW TIES? Is that lawful?

"To its devotees the bow tie suggests iconoclasm of an Old World sort, a fusty adherence to a contrarian point of view. The bow tie hints at intellectualism, real or feigned, and sometimes suggests technical acumen, perhaps because it is so hard to tie. Bow ties are worn by magicians, country doctors, lawyers and professors and by people hoping to look like the above. But perhaps most of all, wearing a bow tie is a way of broadcasting an aggressive lack of concern for what other people think."

—Warren St John, The New York Times

Dear Rev. Marsh, to "pull off" wearing a bow tie, you must simply disregard what others think (including yourself) and wear it! It isn't the bow tie that looks good on a man. What looks good on him is the attitude that wearing a bow tie requires. Additionally, when you do wear one, you'll likely find other men will begin wearing them too. And you will have been their inspiration. So go on, take the leap! But do avoid some of the excesses of the bow tie wearing community:

View attachment 3862

Ha ha! You may convince me to take the plunge!

Actually ... the music 'pastor' wore a bowtie on Easter and didn't look foolish, but that is the Atlanta area near Suwanee/Lawrenceville GA
perhaps instead of grumpy you meant to say you are not 'whimsical'

( Pastors hardly wear suits or ties here but being from New York I almost always wear a tie as a compromise but not a suit even as a person in the congregation)

Actually ... the music 'pastor' wore a bowtie on Easter and didn't look foolish, but that is the Atlanta area near Suwanee/Lawrenceville GA
perhaps instead of grumpy you meant to say you are not 'whimsical'

( Pastors hardly wear suits or ties here but being from New York I almost always wear a tie as a compromise but not a suit even as a person in the congregation)

Welcome to PB!

Please fix your signature according to Board Rules. You can find out how by clicking on 'Signature Requirements' under my own signature.

C. Van Til, in an interview, remembered how people used to remark that Machen always looked so sharp, but always, day after day, in the exact same suit.

Then when Machen died and they cleared out his effects, they found he had a dozen of that exact same suit hanging in his closet.

C. Van Til, in an interview, remembered how people used to remark that Machen always looked so sharp, but always, day after day, in the exact same suit.

Then when Machen died and they cleared out his effects, they found he had a dozen of that exact same suit hanging in his closet.

Wayne, I wonder where all those "effects" ended up - the more important ones, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back